Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I'll have to do some testing but the HS2 client should auto connect. It does here.

The only tools you have is to use HS2 events to trigger on device value on the mirrored devices.

With more work using scripting, it is possible to run a HS2 script (with parameters) via the HS3 client and use that to send control functions via the parameter.
    How about this as a plan b since I have no idea to make it simple using your above suggestions...

B: have the device(s) created / mirrored be configurable to closely match the original device type as much as possible, or perhaps if I the user change the device type, do not override it to a status-only virtual device.

This way, the mirror action by the gateway to create the device is one-time only and then we can just modify all those devices (ack!) to be able to toggle and send the state change BACK to the original system through the gateway.

I like this plan B option very much.

Yes, I know it can get tricky with events firing on the main system, but for the few devices I really want "control", this is not dangerous/tricky and should result in very high WAF.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. A mirrored device does match (wherever possible) all of the original parameters such as device value etc.
      Jon

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. A mirrored device does match (wherever possible) all of the original parameters such as device value etc.
        But, can I alter the state of the mirrored device from the mirror destination? That's ultimately what I want.

On HS3 via HSTouch using the exact same client setup, turn on and off lights, etc. on my HS2 system, and monitor the status .. The status part you have working perfectly. It is the control part that is not there as far as I can tell.

If the gateway were to allow us to configure the status-only device to a real on/off style device, and monitor for a state change, then reflect that back to the original device and toggle it, well, that would be the cat's meow and I'd buy you some great fish-n-chips and a pint or 3.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

It is not easy but I have managed to control a HS2 device via HS3 with status.

First manually create a HS3 device with control buttons/dimmer. For this example we will give it address T675. On = 100, Off = 0 and Dim 1-99

Next create a HS2 mirror device of the HS3 device T675 via the HS3 client. The device created in HS2 must have it's own new device code. For this example we will give it address A67.

Next you mirror the actual HS2 device (Example device code D1) you want to control to the HS3 device (T675) you manually created via the HS2 client.

The control of a HS2 device from HS3 is achieved using a script which is registered using the hs.RegisterStatusChangeCB method.

In your startup.txt file add:

hs.RegisterStatusChangeCB "statusCallBack.vb","checkStatus"

Save the following script as statuscallback.vb in your Homeseer 2 scripts directory:

PHP Code:
          Sub checkStatus(ByVal aParm as Object)

Dim hc As String aParm(0)
          Dim dc As String aParm(1)
          Dim stat As String aParm(2)
          Dim refID As String aParm(3)
          Dim hdc As String hc dc
          Dim DV 
          As String hs.DeviceValue(hdc)
          'hs.writelog("Test",hdc)
          Select Case(hdc)

Case "A67" 
              hs.Transmit ("D1","DDim",DV,0)
          Case Else

End select

End Sub 
          This script will trigger on any status / Value change on any device.

When you change the HS3 device T675, this is reflected in HS2 device A67
          The script sees the change in A67 and sends a command to D1 using the hs.Transmit command using its device value 0-100 DDim command

D1 gets updated by Homeseer 2 automatically by this command. This is then mirrored back to HS3 device T675 showing the actual status.

Simple huh!
          Jon

Comment

Ok I have run into a little confusion with the HS2/Hs3 connector I have a zwave door and window sensor in HS2 that I have created a device for in HS3 using the connector and I would like it to trigger an event in HS3 the device is reporting Open and closed not a numeric value that HS3 is looking for in the event how can I change this.

Thanks Ken
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Does the HS2 device for the z-wave sensor display have a device value or status shown?
              Jon

Comment

Does the HS2 device for the z-wave sensor display have a device value or status shown?

It is displaying the status "open or closed" not a value and I believe that the value is what HS3 is looking for in events?
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Do you have Hs2 Pro?

Go to the status page and click on the name link for the device in question. On the page that displays the modify device, click on the blue "Additional information" button. You will see the device value and status for that device.
                  Jon

Comment

Do you have Hs2 Pro?

Go to the status page and click on the name link for the device in question. On the page that displays the modify device, click on the blue "Additional information" button. You will see the device value and status for that device.
                    I am running HS2Pro and HS3Pro

Ok so in HS2 Pro I see that it reports that 0=closed and 255=Open are these values passed to HS3 and are these the values I should be using in my events?

Comment

Yes, you should check the HS3 device is showing 0 and 255 as its device value. You can therefore trigger a HS3 event on these two values.
                      Jon

Comment

Yes, you should check the HS3 device is showing 0 and 255 as its device value. You can therefore trigger a HS3 event on these two values.
                        Thanks jon00 I appreciate you help sorry if my question seemed dumb, I am new to all this and trying to learn

Thanks again

Cheers Ken

Comment

Hs2 plugin device control buttons

Dear all

To startoff im migrating to hs3. I use jon00 gateway to get the status of my visonic alarm and sensors. THis works great

However i also want to arm and disarm the panel from hs3 in hs2, the visonic plugin provides a device with 3 buttons to arm, disarm and arm home. These are not accesible in the events. i tried to control the device value/ status from an event, But no luck. Is there a way to control this devices buttons by a script or another way from a hs2 event

Firing an script in hs2 from hs3 works fine.

The plugin is not open source and will not be upgraded to h3.

Regards bart
                          Regards Bart
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                          HSPRO 3.
                          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Hi Bart,
                            I've found this:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136687

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Hi fishi

Thanks, however its not rfxcom, its the visonic direct plugin via rs232. So still looking for a solution

Regards

Bart
                              Regards Bart
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                              HSPRO 3.
                              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Just dropped by to say a MASSIVE thank you for this.
                                I was a bit wary of the move to HS3 as my IRtrans still has no plugin yet, but you've saved the day.
                                You've made this really easy too - I can't get over the fact that I have IR commands firing from HS3 to HS2 literally in 5 minutes.

BTW, i did put this off for a while, as I didn't really get that you can run both in parallel on the same PC - or that the "mirroring" wasn't like everything at once, it's only the devices you choose, and then it has to be done manually in a file.

For those sitting on the fence waiting for plugins, stop getting splinters and use this connector.

Comment

Working...
                                X