This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Mark, is there an answer to the above question, besides posts?
    the smarthome kpl manual and smarthome forum.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Fanlinc issue

Hi Mark, sorry for the long delay on this I finally have some time to circle back to it.
      Previously the issue was that rather than updating the fan status, changes to the fan were being reflected in the lights status.

the problem has morphed slightly, Now both the fan and light status are updating when changing the fan. as with before, it is only the status being updated incorrectly.
      Namely, switch fan to high, light status goes to on and fan status goes to high, fan comes on set to high.

I have a detailed log file for you as well as a short video showing it.
      Per your previous suggestion, I did delete the fanlinc entirely, restart then try again and the same thing continues.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qffuf9swp...P0zKZB9xVciJUa

Comment

Originally posted by RawLiquid View Post
        Hi Mark, sorry for the long delay on this I finally have some time to circle back to it.
        Previously the issue was that rather than updating the fan status, changes to the fan were being reflected in the lights status.

the problem has morphed slightly, Now both the fan and light status are updating when changing the fan. as with before, it is only the status being updated incorrectly.
        Namely, switch fan to high, light status goes to on and fan status goes to high, fan comes on set to high.

Per your previous suggestion, I did delete the fanlinc entirely, restart then try again and the same thing continues.

can you tell me the fw version of your fanlinc?

Unfortunately i have a beta unit which has its on set of problem so i may need to get a production unit from SH before i can resolve this.

thanks for the detailed info and video
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by RawLiquid View Post

SH is sending me a new fanlinc so i can resolve this issue. I'll post an update once i receive the new device.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

do radio groups exist in the HS2 plugin?
            -Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
              do radio groups exist in the HS2 plugin?
              -Christopher
              yes.

in general the two plugins are functional the same as it relates to insteon features.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

hopefully you support the insteon Hub.. as i keep blowing up PLM's.. I think the serial run from the server to the PLM is too far.. the serial link goes offline constantly! and I have to keep resetting it... when I get a new PLM it works for a few months then does the same thing.. all of them if I unplug the PLM and plug back in will work for a few days.. so ive gotten the ethernet insteon Hub to try and use, since ive got a managed switch right near my breaker box I dont have to worry for the serial link anymore
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

the hub is supported

curious how long of a serial run you used? I had a 60ft run that never gave my a problem. I used cat5
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

my first PLM lasted a few years flawlessly.. same cable.. cat-5e 45 feet in the cable tray with the rest of the low voltage wiring.. right next to the serial CADDX cable thats never died... .. rolled cables, ends, ports, etc.. its not an insteon signal issue as the PLM loses comm to the plugin.. I even altered the settings so it would keep trying... rebooting HS or the plugin doesnt help... have to power cycle the PLM to bring it back...

so im going to try the Hub .. (micro center stocks every insteon thing out there locally..)
                    -Christopher

Comment

my first PLM lasted a few years flawlessly.. same cable.. cat-5e 45 feet in the cable tray with the rest of the low voltage wiring.. right next to the serial CADDX cable thats never died... .. rolled cables, ends, ports, etc.. its not an insteon signal issue as the PLM loses comm to the plugin.. I even altered the settings so it would keep trying... rebooting HS or the plugin doesnt help... have to power cycle the PLM to bring it back...

so im going to try the Hub .. (micro center stocks every insteon thing out there locally..)
                      -Christopher
                      Any idea about how many links you had in the plm? you can get a list from the config page; display interface links

i'm wondering if there is a correlation
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

in my new hub I show 47 links.. if you want I can get out the PLM, connect it back up and download its links...

I seem to remember with my first PLM dying that I did a reset and reprogram of the interface and it would run for awhile longer before it went back to dying every day.. ultimately the PLM;s just dont respond to the plugin.. where when I unplug and plug it back in will work perfectly at first but then i notice my insteon stuff lagging whenI use a touchscreen or remote. and then finally NO response... I dont have a large setup.. maybe 16 or 17 switchlincs or something like that in use
                        -Christopher

Comment

in my new hub I show 47 links.. if you want I can get out the PLM, connect it back up and download its links...

I seem to remember with my first PLM dying that I did a reset and reprogram of the interface and it would run for awhile longer before it went back to dying every day.. ultimately the PLM;s just dont respond to the plugin.. where when I unplug and plug it back in will work perfectly at first but then i notice my insteon stuff lagging whenI use a touchscreen or remote. and then finally NO response... I dont have a large setup.. maybe 16 or 17 switchlincs or something like that in use
                          -Christopher
                          no need to reconnect the old plm. with only 17 switches you can't be stressing the plm database.

do you think heat is a factor in your setup? it must be environmental if they keep dying: heat, surges on the powerline, etc.

was the plm plugged directly into a wall outlet without any other devices piggy backing?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

posted a new beta with a few changes/fixes
                            http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169303
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So I decided to try and move to HS3 while still running HS2 on the same machine.

Loading this plug-ins I get "** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
                              Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled."

message when I try to enable the plug-in, I had also loaded HST's Insteon plug-in in as well. That is disabled when I try to enable this plugin though.

Anyway - I am not familure with this error and can not find where to enable the I/O interface. ...

Can anyone help me out with this one ....

Thanks.
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                                So I decided to try and move to HS3 while still running HS2 on the same machine.

Loading this plug-ins I get "** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
                                Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled."

message when I try to enable the plug-in, I had also loaded HST's Insteon plug-in in as well. That is disabled when I try to enable this plugin though.

Anyway - I am not familure with this error and can not find where to enable the I/O interface. ...

Can anyone help me out with this one ....

Thanks.
                                what Interface are you using? plm or hub?

you can't run both versions and connect to a single plm.

enable the plugin on the Manage Plugin page. then you need to set the com port on the hs3 insteon plugin config page (just like the latest hs2 plugin versions) then restart hs3
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X