Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Insteon Hub 2 is not fully supported! Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Insteon Hub 2 is not fully supported! Solved!

I don't have a timeframe just yet. I'll update this thread as I make progress.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Thanks for the update. I ditched my old ISY for a HUB planning on using your plugin. And of course I have the Hub 2, let me know if you want me to test anything on my fairly basic system.

Comment

Any updates? I just bought a hub v2 to start my HA project.

Comment

Not yet.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

so does the hub v2 not work at all with your plugin? Or does it have limited functionality ?

I cannot wait to roll my insteon investment into HS3

Comment

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
            so does the hub v2 not work at all with your plugin? Or does it have limited functionality ?

I cannot wait to roll my insteon investment into HS3
            can you try configuring it with the plugin like its a v1 hub.

you need the local ip address and port (maybe 25105)
            and the local username and pswd (not the smarthome site info)
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm using HS .152 and plugin .10. I can't get the local auth to work on the hub. I set the user and pw in the android app. But when I try to login on the web browser to the local auth it won't let me in.
              Attached Files

Comment

is there a default pswd on the bottom of the unit?

not sure if this is even possible anymore, sh may have disabled this with a fw update
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  is there a default pswd on the bottom of the unit?

not sure if this is even possible anymore, sh may have disabled this with a fw update
                  I've been having problems with mine for a while. Infact I had to switch back to using a PLM serial device.

Your comments are correct with having to use the login/password thats written on the bottom of the HUB. My issue is that I cant even connect to my hub either through LAN using its IP:25105 or their App which will proxy through their servers.

I sent an email to Danny back in Nov about this, but never heard back from him. Tried to call their Tech support as well, but the wait time is too long.
                  HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Any updates on this. I'm starting to plan upgrades for my dad's house and want to get him completely off x10. I'm happy with my insteon hub as an interface but it's not clear to me if the version 1 is still out there. And then there's the new homekit enabled version too. Any authoritative info on what will and won't work?

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[Posted in wrong topic, sorry for duplicate]

My luck just ran out. I think my v1 Insteon hub is slowly saying goodbye. From an Ethernet/IP perspective, I can ping it, access its Web interface, Mark's Insteon plugin initially connects to it (after a factory rest) but soon after declares it can't anymore.

I'm really pissed off at Insteon: every 2 years it seems the controller goes south (PLM, Hub...).

So, I need to ask you Mark, what's the status on your support for the v2? Any news from SmartHome?

I'm trying to grab a refurbished v1, but right now it's priced the same as a brand new v2 and the latter by the way has better performance looking at the specs.

EDIT BTW, here's what the log shows for my dying hub:

Jun-23 01:36:33 Info Plugin Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:62975
                      Jun-23 01:36:33 Insteon Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.0.5.20
                      Jun-23 01:36:47 Insteon Hub contacted on 192.168.1.15:25105 with an Insteon address of 1E.9E.CF and firmware version 9C
                      Jun-23 01:36:57 Insteon Could not set the Interface configuration. Init failed.
                      Jun-23 01:36:57 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Insteon

Comment

All,
                        Smarthome changed the API to the Hub 2 and its completely different than the Hub 1 API. I'm trying to get them to include the previous API so i can support the Hub 2, but I'm not getting anywhere to date.

There is no way i can support the new Hub 2 with the API they have provided; I would have to completely rewrite my entire plugin which i don't not envision doing.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It sounds like a standoff. I don't imagine we'll see the old API being included on the newer devices. The old one was based on serial type command structure just wrapped into an web API. Their new one is somewhat more modern, though not really. I can't see them going back to the old way and including it, unless of course it's easy for them to do by just dropping in an old library or something. They're definitely targeting the mass market with these newer products, not the tinkerers like us.
                          I just spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out what the new hub pro supports but I'm not finding any real technical detail. Just a lot of fluffy marketing stuff.
                          I'm curious mark, what about the new API makes it such a big change to your plugin. Other than the new command format and structure, are there things that are fundamentally different or missing? Or is more of a case that your plugin is just written in such a way that the final comms driver is not easily interchangeable?

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wrote to SmartHome to voice my concern and frustration around this whole issue of not supporting the v.1 API in the v.2 Insteon hubs.

One complaint is not going to change things, so I encourage everyone on this forum to also write to SmartHome, regardless whether you're using an Insteon hub or not: you may have to one day when your current PLM bites the dust and SmartHome discontinues those.

Comment

I'm confused...

I recently got involved again with Smarthome products, for the Fanlinc and Ballast Controller. I started with the USB Adapter 2448A7, which didn't seem to have very good range for me.

I then picked up a kit that included the 2245-222 hub:
                              Your Device's Dev Cat 03
                              Your Device's SubCat 33
                              Your Device's Firmware 1001
                              Your Device's PLMFW 9D
                              Your Device's App Version Hub2-V03-20140617
                              Your Device's Unit Type HUB2

I removed the USB Adapter, connected the hub, and configured it with Mark's plug-in. It seems to work perfectly, including operating the last Cr_pLinc X-10 device I have in operation. Better range, fewer hops - all good.

What is supported on the v.1 hub that isn't supported on the v.2?

Comment

Working...
                              X