Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Insteon Hub 2 is not fully supported! Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by automateme View Post
    I tried the Swap Interface to move from the PLM to the Hub 2 and ran into issues. I was able to sort through getting the plugin to communicate with the Hub 2, but when I went through the Reprogramming a new Interface ID step, ~17 of my 25 devices failed with the error "The device did not response". All of these devices were working correctly with the PLM, so I am not sure what to do from here.
    you can rerun the swap routine. it will only attempt to update devices with the old plm id

if that still doesn't work, just run the 'program device for homeseer' function each the problem devices. you will need to delete the old links to the old plm

do not delete any devices from the plugin, this will mess up your events.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
      A long time ago I tried the same thing thinking it would be an easy swap with my 70 plus device environment. Didn't go as planned.

For each device you will have to go in and try to reprogram each device if I recall. Possible even relink with the hub.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      you can rerun the swap routine. it will only attempt to update devices with the old plm id

if that still doesn't work, just run the 'program device for homeseer' function each the problem devices. you will need to delete the old links to the old plm

do not delete any devices from the plugin, this will mess up your events.
      Thanks Mark/Charlie. That is the approach I thought would be needed. I will give it a try.

Comment

Mark,

I tried the Program Device for Homeseer for several of the devices that failed the Swap Interface. Each of those devices fails with - The device could not be contacted. Please check the device and retry.

I retried a few times, but the same error every time.

Comment

try manually linking these devices to the interface using the 'set' btn procedure. then reprogram
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

try manually linking these devices to the interface using the 'set' btn procedure. then reprogram
            Mark, did I do this correctly?

1. I did "Tap Add New Insteon Devices"
            2. I pressed and held the set button on the Switchlinc until it double-beeped.
            3. The plug-in then reported that I was trying to tap add a device that already exists.
            4. I tried to Program the Device for Homeseer, but still got the "...could not contact" error.

What did I do wrong?

Comment

Mark, did I do this correctly?

1. I did "Tap Add New Insteon Devices"
              2. I pressed and held the set button on the Switchlinc until it double-beeped.
              3. The plug-in then reported that I was trying to tap add a device that already exists.
              4. I tried to Program the Device for Homeseer, but still got the "...could not contact" error.

What did I do wrong?
              For manually linking the devices, i'm referring to linking them via the hardware set btns only. there is no plugin initially involved.

put the plm/hub into linking mode, then put the device into linking mode. this creates a link automatically without the plugin.

see the device manuals for starting linking mode in any of these devices.

once you create a link manually, then try to register the device, or reprogram the device with the plugin
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

For manually linking the devices, i'm referring to linking them via the hardware set btns only. there is no plugin initially involved.

put the plm/hub into linking mode, then put the device into linking mode. this creates a link automatically without the plugin.

see the device manuals for starting linking mode in any of these devices.

once you create a link manually, then try to register the device, or reprogram the device with the plugin
                A bit of progress... I linked one of the problem devices through the Insteon App. After that, I did a "Check for New Links" from the plugin. It successfully added Homeseer control for that device and the correct device status is shown (in HS3 and the Insteon App) whether I turn off/on the light through the Insteon App or HS3. I will try and correct a few more to see how it goes.

Comment

I had done exactly that to get my pool pumps running when my serial plm had died. Once I got my replacement plm from SM I transferred the pumps to the new plm.

It's a lot of work to run around and relink every device in our home, especially the fan controllers.

HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

U know I just thought of something.

When I received my new replacement serial plm, I was able to reprogram every device on the nextwork with marks plugin and never had to run around and manually relink each device.

Mark,
                    Any idea why the Hub requires relinking manually where PLMs don't?

HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

When I received my new replacement serial plm, I was able to reprogram every device on the nextwork with marks plugin and never had to run around and manually relink each device.

Mark,

the hub must not be responding to my cmd to initiate linking mode.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Charlie,

when you attempt to "program device for homeseer" via the plugin with the hub, does the hub beep or buzz to indicate its was put into linking mode?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Charlie,

when you attempt to "program device for homeseer" via the plugin with the hub, does the hub beep or buzz to indicate its was put into linking mode?
                          Mark, sorry for chiming in. In my case it does beep and buzz. Strangely, 8 of my 25 devices went into programming mode and reprogrammed. 17 of 25 required linking with the Hub through the Insteon App. Not sure why some went into programming mode though the plugin and some didn't. Is there some information that I can provide to help you troubleshoot?

Comment

Mark, sorry for chiming in. In my case it does beep and buzz. Strangely, 8 of my 25 devices went into programming mode and reprogrammed. 17 of 25 required linking with the Hub through the Insteon App. Not sure why some went into programming mode though the plugin and some didn't. Is there some information that I can provide to help you troubleshoot?
                            thanks for the info. very helpful. if you can find a difference in your log between the ones that worked and the ones that didn't it would be helpful.

maybe there is a difference between protocols (i1, i2, etc), or device types, not sure
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks for the info. very helpful. if you can find a difference in your log between the ones that worked and the ones that didn't it would be helpful.

maybe there is a difference between protocols (i1, i2, etc), or device types, not sure
                              Mark, I did a quick look. It appears that all of the Dual-Band Module & SwitchLinc Dimmer and Off/On (i2CS) did not program through the plugin. Older i1 and i2 SwitchLinc and ApplianceLinc programmed successfully through the plugin. Leak Sensors reprogrammed okay. I can give you firmware versions if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                                So far so good with the Hub2 and using my Insteon Thermostat plugin. I have 5 thermostats I'm using on my test system and they all worked. After swapping out the PLM for the Hub2 as the controller and restarting everything, I used the Update Links from my plugins Config->Thermostats tab and as I updated each one they started reporting status back. I did have a strange problem with one 2441zth (wireless) and in the end deleted and added it back and it's working now too.

I don't claim this is 100% tested/compliant - only that it appears to be a positive step forward
                                Nathan,

2 of my 3 Tstats worked fine after restarting the plugin to pickup the new interface ID, and updating the Tstat links. I could not get 1 of my Tstats to work. I deleted it, reset the 2441V to factory, and added it back in through your plugin. It appears to be working fine now.

Comment

Working...
                                X