No announcement yet.

Energy database issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the guidance from that Bugzilla post in that the DB should be update at no more than once a minute, I could have potentially 40 (four totals and three channels for up to 10 maximum sensors) logging in my CC plugin and even with only about three sensors I think people were filling the DB in months. That's less than ideal if you are looking at anything like a long term trend. I'm not sure the automatic weeding works particularly well either.

I think it would be a bit better if say over a couple of months it just logged the days total or block hours rather than having minute by minute data of some period six months ago, I don't think that is helpful for anyone.

But then there is the issue of how the charts look, I think they also look a little dated and could do with some customisation also.

Comment

I'm recording a reasonable amount of data here with my own plug-in. I would say about 5000 records a day. This is more or less limited to my own DeviceType field, DvRef and Value.

Storage space is cheap and getting data into the DB is not resource intensive so I don't see a problem with recording at this level.

Of course the potential performance issues arise when you want to retrieve some of this data from a huge table and do something with it. My plan is to perhaps work with the last 6 months of data in the active DB and archive older stuff so I can still retrieve it if required.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
        Cheers for that. It's been a while since I deleted the db, so went ahead again to try and trigger the rebuild, of course it only adds them upon device update/poll rather than scan all devices and rebuild.

Some internal logic or static list decides on what is actually stored I think, as comparing logged to non-logged devices capabilities is literally meter v3 (working) vs meter v2 (not working)

Not sure why we can't have a flag for logging on devices, should be simple to add an extra column and tweak the process code to ignore devices with the flag.
        Welp, didn't work, even with manual entries and restarts, etc, no data for the NorthQ power meter, isn't even listed any more as a graph option. So whatever process is recording data is not using the table entries as a list to poll, it's just using some internal static list.
        I've had a bugzilla entry open for months, it was closed with a "not reproduceable" and asked to supply a link to the product as if they didn't know what it was, something a quick google can supply.... reopened, I'm hoping the support bucks up again now that the certification stuff has wound up.

Comment

I thought I would give it another try. I deleted the database file and still nothing. I then deleted it again along with two older backup files in the same directory. I t started (sort of) working this morning. I have glanced at about once an hour today and it looked normal I just looked at the page a minute ago and it was all big negative numbers.

I still don't know how it generates that initial page but I unchecked all the devices and checked them one by one until I found the one with negative numbers. It is an Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, of which I have a total of 13. They are all the same device and firmware. This one controls an HP Multi-function oprinter that has been in standby all morning. I also have 2 of the Aeon Gen5 appliance modules on my air conditioner units. those are the only devices that report to the energy database and they all do.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the device looks normal.

I still cannot edit and save any changes on the Edit Graph Layers or Edit Graphs pages. It would really be nice to have some explanation of how it should work.

Color me confused.
          Attached Files
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I thought I would give it another try. I deleted the database file and still nothing. I then deleted it again along with two older backup files in the same directory. I t started (sort of) working this morning. I have glanced at about once an hour today and it looked normal I just looked at the page a minute ago and it was all big negative numbers.

I still don't know how it generates that initial page but I unchecked all the devices and checked them one by one until I found the one with negative numbers. It is an Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, of which I have a total of 13. They are all the same device and firmware. This one controls an HP Multi-function oprinter that has been in standby all morning. I also have 2 of the Aeon Gen5 appliance modules on my air conditioner units. those are the only devices that report to the energy database and they all do.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the device looks normal.

I still cannot edit and save any changes on the Edit Graph Layers or Edit Graphs pages. It would really be nice to have some explanation of how it should work.

Color me confused.
            Oh well at least you can take some comfort in the projected 24k refund from your electricity company this month

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Oh well at least you can take some comfort in the projected 24k refund from your electricity company this month

Paul..
              Heck, 4 more months like that and I can pay off my mortgage.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Seems like everyone is experiencing the same problems.
                I added my name to Adam's bugzilla ticket. In it I pointed to this thread.

If you guys could chime in on the bugzilla ticket, Rich may be able to shed some light or attend to these issues.

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2180
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Its really a mess. And i would really love to be able to see more of the energy consuption. Its what makes you be more aware of your energy usage.

Yes you can make events to make you save energy on heating, lighting etc. But its hard to really know how much you save when you cant find any data.

Also i see devices that arent in my system any more. how can i reset the whole energy thing, except for only in the setup. what files do i need to delete to get it back to scratch?
                  Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

And mine is back again. This really messes up my HSTouch screen that shows my weekly electricity usage. Here's how I fixed it - again:
                    Attached Files
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

My "Today v Yesterday" has gone away. [Sounds like a Beatles song] Not in the drop down list. How do I recreate?

Comment

Tried to reinstall and the report did not come back. Are they I the energy database?

Comment

Yes it is in the energy database. Deleted and it recreated. BUT the 2nd Aeon Switch device is not there in the energy database. Rescanned. Nochange. Time for a restart.
                          Restart did nothing. Any ideas?

Comment

I deleted the Energy.hsd database file the other day. So now at least i have a "clean slate".

And what i see is that the Fibaro wall plug is not in here. Even though it is reporting kWh.

Is there a way for me to add this into the database manually?

Comment

So i looked into the Energy.hsd file to see whats in there now after it recreated. And as i was thinking the Fibaro wall plugs did not show up in here.

It will probably don't work, so if someone can tell my why this idea is stupid then please enlighten me.

So i tried adding a module to the system that has kWh tracking, as you can see on devref 324 and 325.

But it doesnt do **** for me now. But like the other devices maybe it just need some time before it starts showing data. After all it took a day before the other 3 devices started showing up.
                              I will look more, and come back on that if it works or not.

If anyone have a better idea please tell me
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by U5tabil; May 12, 2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

The energy DB has no control over what is actually monitored from what I'm guessing, the devices listed are just there so that the query for building the graphs doesn't then have to break out to the main HS app for the device ID to map to a proper device name.
                                To trigger HS to start logging to the DB, you'll probably have to rescan the device to get it to work since its an internal HS process.

IMO, logging should be an option controlled on the device, and should be allowed for all devices, not just restricting it to specific energy reporting devices. The eventlog is already doing all device status/value changes, why not just do it for all devices so people can see graphically how often sensors are triggered and look for trends for further automation?

Comment

Working...
                                X