Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.88 Beta (Win & Linux)..In Beta section of Updater

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the controluse property tell the plugin what to do without know the button name or value.

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...luse&criteria=

This is a function of the beta upgrade; you might have missed the note i put at the top of the post which required a one time setting to update all your devices. You may need to go back and do this to ensure everything is updated correctly.

hope this helps
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      the controluse property tell the plugin what to do without know the button name or value.

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...luse&criteria=

This is a function of the beta upgrade; you might have missed the note i put at the top of the post which required a one time setting to update all your devices. You may need to go back and do this to ensure everything is updated correctly.

hope this helps
      You're right, I did miss the note for the upgrade. I did read the change log, but missed that note.
      I went thru and adjusted all of the existing devices and added these fields where necessary. It's working now.

Thanks for the link, but I did already see that page on the script documentation. However it doesn't explain what the control actually does and what the options mean. It also only lists 5 of the 12 options that appear in the dropdown. I know this isn't your issue, I was just hoping you might have further info to help fill in the blanks.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        You're right, I did miss the note for the upgrade. I did read the change log, but missed that note.
        I went thru and adjusted all of the existing devices and added these fields where necessary. It's working now.

Thanks for the link, but I did already see that page on the script documentation. However it doesn't explain what the control actually does and what the options mean. It also only lists 5 of the 12 options that appear in the dropdown. I know this isn't your issue, I was just hoping you might have further info to help fill in the blanks.

Thanks.
        i can't offer any further documentation on these features. its was a bit of a work in progress even as i was developing my plugin. Reviewing the CAPI interface might be useful if you haven't already
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

All, I added (in .74) an event action (call Backup Configuration) to backup the insteon.ini file, and a trigger (Configuration Changed) that will fire when you change insteon programming.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All, I added (in .74) an event action (call Backup Configuration) to backup the insteon.ini file, and a trigger (Configuration Changed) that will fire when you change insteon programming.
            That's a thoughtful add-in. Thanks, Mark.

Comment

I'm having trouble getting my HS3 pro to recognize my lamplinc and motion sensor via my insteon hub. Is this a supported configuration? Any debugging I can look at?

Thanks!

Comment

the plugin supports all of these. you can turn on detailed logging on the config page of the plugin to see if you are getting any msgs or responses from these devices.

what plugin version are you running?

can you tell me about your insteon setup...

how many other devices do you have working?

do you have other dual-band devices that will pass the RF signal from the motion sensor to the hub? or maybe an access point close by.

what have you tried already to resolve the issue?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the plugin supports all of these. you can turn on detailed logging on the config page of the plugin to see if you are getting any msgs or responses from these devices.

what plugin version are you running?

can you tell me about your insteon setup...

how many other devices do you have working?

do you have other dual-band devices that will pass the RF signal from the motion sensor to the hub? or maybe an access point close by.

what have you tried already to resolve the issue?
                  My insteon setup is very minimal, tbh - the only reason I even want to use insteon is because of my insteon thermostats. I'm new to HS, but not to HA - I came from an ISY. My HS is ~1week old, and I've got the ELK plugin working and ~25 zwave devices. I originally added the lamplinc's and motion sensor to the hub and got that setup working through my android device. Then, I installed the plugin via web browser through my HS interface. I added the hostort of my hub as well as my username/passwd. After I couldn't get any devices to show up (tried a variety of things including Update Device Links, DisplayInterface Links). Display interface links actually does appear to work as I get back of 008 links and they're the identifiers on each of my devices. When I navigate to Manage Devices, it states "No Insteon devices have been configured. Please use the manual or tap-add buttons to add a device". I'll attempt to enable debug to see if I can get any better info.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                    My insteon setup is very minimal, tbh - the only reason I even want to use insteon is because of my insteon thermostats. I'm new to HS, but not to HA - I came from an ISY. My HS is ~1week old, and I've got the ELK plugin working and ~25 zwave devices. I originally added the lamplinc's and motion sensor to the hub and got that setup working through my android device. Then, I installed the plugin via web browser through my HS interface. I added the hostort of my hub as well as my username/passwd. After I couldn't get any devices to show up (tried a variety of things including Update Device Links, DisplayInterface Links). Display interface links actually does appear to work as I get back of 008 links and they're the identifiers on each of my devices. When I navigate to Manage Devices, it states "No Insteon devices have been configured. Please use the manual or tap-add buttons to add a device". I'll attempt to enable debug to see if I can get any better info.

Thanks!
                    It seems like the plugin recognizes the hub which is good. try plugging the lamplinc into an outlet near the hub and try the manual add process. you may need to move the motion sensor closer to the hub as well to add it
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It seems like the plugin recognizes the hub which is good. try plugging the lamplinc into an outlet near the hub and try the manual add process. you may need to move the motion sensor closer to the hub as well to add it
                      For now, all of my devices are in my office for testing purposes. When you say manual add, you mean through the HS web ui, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                        For now, all of my devices are in my office for testing purposes. When you say manual add, you mean through the HS web ui, right?
                        from the manage devices page, use the Add New Insteon Device button. then check the log to see if the lamplinc is responding the plugin requests

please be aware, the plugin does not support anything you configure via the smarthome app. I am always referring to my plugin here.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, so could that be part of my problem then? I originally added each of my devices to the hub because I (for some reason) thought that was a requirement. I just manually added the device with no success, and also added the device using the tap functionality (heard beeps on both devices), but neither one was successful.

Thoughts?

Comment

i need to see the detailed hs log of the transaction.

just copy and paste a log snippet of the transaction (not the entire log) here and use the quote feature to highlight the log
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

then check the log to see if the lamplinc is responding the plugin requests
                              sorry - didnt see this part of your post. Am trying this now

Comment

wow, while running the manual add once again (with debugging enabled), I got the device added. It took nearly 10 minutes, but a lamplinc was finally recognized. Strange considering I literally ran the exact same thing a few minutes before.

Comment

Working...
                                X