How to update to BETA????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update to BETA????

I have been trying to update my device to the latest beta. But how do I do this on a Linux device. Before you tell me "if you dont know how to install it then you shouldn't be doing it". Ill respond with: have to start somewhere...

I have read the instructions here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162297

but it tells me:
    8. Enter ./updatehs.sh 83 (replace the 83 with the version # you want to install)

but the Beta update is a .MSI file???

I did my first beta update using those instructions and it worked well. Just make sure you copy your current Homeseer directory first. The .MSI would be for Windows. For Linux it pulls the update from HS servers.

Edit: Not sure that 356 is available for Linux yet.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      I did my first beta update using those instructions and it worked well. Just make sure you copy your current Homeseer directory first. The .MSI would be for Windows. For Linux it pulls the update from HS servers.

Okay I guess I didn't know it was supposed to come from the servers. I just tried it and it worked successfully! thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post

.356 running here in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
          .356 running here in Linux.
          The problem I had with copying my directory is a couple of the items required root.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X