Beta in the store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta in the store

Still working through some issues with Homeseer and getting the Wemo plugin released into the store. Right now the beta version is available for anyone wanting to give it a test.

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    Still working through some issues with Homeseer and getting the Wemo plugin released into the store. Right now the beta version is available for anyone wanting to give it a test.
    What's the likelihood of breaking at some point? Or do you utilise an official API?

Comment

Not sure I understand your question. But I'm using the official Wemo uPNP control interface published by the devices themselves. The plugin talks to the devices and not some 3rd party interface.

Comment

Does the UPNP interface allow for power consumption to be monitored or is it switching only?

I assume switch only?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
          Does the UPNP interface allow for power consumption to be monitored or is it switching only?

I assume switch only?
          Right now, switching / dimming only. There is only 1 set of Wemo device types that I know of that report energy usage. (Wemo Insight Plug)

I do not have any Insight Plugs available to me right now to explore their API. If there is enough interest in gathering these stats from plugin users, I will go out and purchase one and work to integrate that capability.

Since the plugin is brand new, I'm going to wait and see what the interest is first.

As of right now I have it running with 6 switches, 4 plugs, and 1 dimmer. It has not had any issues with any of these devices.

Comment

Right now, switching / dimming only. There is only 1 set of Wemo device types that I know of that report energy usage. (Wemo Insight Plug)

I do not have any Insight Plugs available to me right now to explore their API. If there is enough interest in gathering these stats from plugin users, I will go out and purchase one and work to integrate that capability.

Since the plugin is brand new, I'm going to wait and see what the interest is first.

As of right now I have it running with 6 switches, 4 plugs, and 1 dimmer. It has not had any issues with any of these devices.
            HI

i am going to buy some insight plugs. were you able to make those run on your plugin?

I'D want to use them for instant update. If i plug them directly into alexa i will be able to monitor alexa consuption in each room and be able to get nice room integration.
            I have already tried it with z wave and it works.

Ex: i can say . Alexa turn on plex. And it will turn on plex on the tv depending of what room i am in.
            But i have to put some delay because of z wave pooling. And i don't want to flood my zwave network.

So having the hability to monitor the wemo insight with instant status would be fantastic.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
              HI

i am going to buy some insight plugs. were you able to make those run on your plugin?

I'D want to use them for instant update. If i plug them directly into alexa i will be able to monitor alexa consuption in each room and be able to get nice room integration.
              I have already tried it with z wave and it works.

Ex: i can say . Alexa turn on plex. And it will turn on plex on the tv depending of what room i am in.
              But i have to put some delay because of z wave pooling. And i don't want to flood my zwave network.

So having the hability to monitor the wemo insight with instant status would be fantastic.

Thanks
              I do not have any insight plugs to test with, but based on what the API tells me it should work without issue. If you find they don't work, let me know and I'll run out and buy one to test with and get it working officially.

Comment

I do not have any insight plugs to test with, but based on what the API tells me it should work without issue. If you find they don't work, let me know and I'll run out and buy one to test with and get it working officially.
                Ok will go to the store tomorow . Will keep you updated. Thanks

edit : will have to wait 2 weeks. They were half the price on amazon.ca from a us store . 41 $ cad without any taxe vs 69$ cad + txs.

l'll maybe go to the store and return it after to test this. Then i will receive the the packge from postage
                Last edited by ; February 23, 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The only thing i see is on off state .

It would be nice to get the real time energy usage. I need real time monitoring energy usage for my setup.

thank you ,
                  Matt

edit: the hs3 device do not report the state of the switch (on-off) when i turn it off or on mannually or by the wemo app.
                  Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The only thing i see is on off state .

It would be nice to get the real time energy usage. I need real time monitoring energy usage for my setup.

thank you ,
                    Matt

edit: the hs3 device do not report the state of the switch (on-off) when i turn it off or on mannually or by the wemo app.
                    Ok, let me pickup an insight switch and I'll work to get energy usage reporting working. As of right now the only thing is on/of or dimming level.

Comment

Ok, let me pickup an insight switch and I'll work to get energy usage reporting working. As of right now the only thing is on/of or dimming level.
                      Thank you !!

Comment

Thank you !!
                        I have an Insight switch now and have started working on getting the Energy usage data into Homeseer. You likely won't see this feature live for several weeks (see below).

FYI for anyone interested... There's going to be a small break in my programming progress as I have to have surgery on my hand next week. So don't expect any updates or releases any time within the next couple weeks.

Comment

Hi,

Yep, I'm seeing the same on my insight switch that I just got. It appears the Insight is using the same commands to turn on/off, but reporting back status with a different set of commands. I'll get these worked into the feature release with Insight support, along with energy usage data.

Comment

Tried it with node red.

Hi,

I tried the wemo insight with node-red. tHe only thing i get as a instant status is the statae of the plug ( 8= stanby; 1; in use). The nodered nose use upnp

https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-red-node-wemo

i can't get instant status for the power draw itself.

In the photo above you will see the state change ( i have to say to alexa ''tell me a story''...for her to cosume anought power to go beyond the 2w threesold)... When the states change ( depending if is crossed the threesold) it report the energy usage.

I also tried to put a triger node ( with 250ms firering) a a fonction in the midle( to only get the power value).... And a mqtt(plus a debug node) output and the end ....
                            but it take 8 seconds to update the power .

Since this npm nodered package use upnp like your plugin, i thought i should post here.

I hope you will be able to get instant status for the insight in your plugin.

thanks,

Matt
                            Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I'm still working on the Insight support for the plugin, but it is in fact coming along with instant status just like the others that already work with the plugin.

Like I stated before it may take me a little bit as I'm having surgery on my hand on Monday and likely won't be able to type for several weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X