Panasonic phone system help anyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic phone system help anyone.

Any of you that has a panasonic phone system or maby works for a phone company that installs Panasonic phone systems I need your help.

I have a panasonic phone system. It alows me to install a standard Single line phone to any jack. The problem is this I have to dial 9 to get an outside line. Is there a way to program the system to make the single line phone which is a cordless phone automaticly pick CO line 1 when it goes off hook.

I can do this with a PT but the SLT does not have a program switch.

Thanks

Andrew,

If you have a newer system, then there is a "hotline" feature that you can set up. With the hotline, it dials a number automatically when the phone goes off-hook. I programmed my SLTs to use this feature and dial the number "9". It works! There is a moment when you first go off-hook where you can dial a different code (e.g. speed-dial), so PBX features are still accessible. If you go off-hook and dial a phone number immediately you will have a problem, but nobody in my family has found that to be a nuisance amount of time - it is pretty close to 1 second I think.

I do not have my cheat-sheets nearby to tell you how to program that on the SLTs, but if you can find information via Google or in your user manual on the hotline feature then you're all set. If not, send me an email and I will look it up so you can see if your system supports it.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick Today you win the "You are the Man" award This was exactly what I was looking for. And it works better than I was expecting it would. I just love this stuff.

Andrew

Comment

What model of Panasonic system do you have? I have a TA-624 and you can program it for either way - 9 for outside line or "auto outside line" at off hook.

The exact steps depend on the model of system. I think all of them have to be done from the master station which should be the phone plugged into Jack 1.
        Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

I have a KX-TA624

Comment

another question..

If i put the system into night mode an have it programed not to ring any of the extentions. If i pickup a SLT or PT it does not awnser the call. the PT i can just press the CO1 to awnser the call but the SLT NADA... but i would prefer of course to just pick up the phone..

Comment

ok everyone seems to use the panasonics including me but how have you got hs phone working with it?
              detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

The way i have it hooked up is to have the Phone line from the Phone company go to the PCI or Hi Phone modem Line in. then the Line out/Phone out goes to the CO line in on the phone system. WALA. No problem. well except a fiew but that requires programing of the phone system.

Comment

One other option that Rick suggested is to put HSP on one of the extensions, then feed the output back into one of the CO inputs. I can see pro/con for doing it either way. I'm pretty sure his original comments were in one of the HSP threads.

PS Found the thread here.
                  My system is described in my profile.

Comment

I have a regular land line and a packet 8 VOIP line hooked to CO 2 and CO 1 respectivly. Both outside lines are also hooked into NetCID boxes to provide CID into HSP.

The HSP modem Line-in is connected to an extension on the TA624, the modem handset jack is connected to C06. I got this setup from a post on the old board, I think it was Rick who set his up this way.

All the extensions ring when a call comes in on CO 1 or 2. This rings the HSP modem so it can answer and record messages. If we want HSP to see an "internal call" we just pickup on CO6. It may sound confusing but it works well.

PS - I started this response 3 hours ago then got busy at work. I see Jlehnert already found the thread
                    Bruce

Comment

Yes I think I will change my system around.

How about this. Program the TAM feature on port ~16. Set HSP to go to voice mail after one ring.

Connect port 16 to the line in of the PCI modem. Connect line out of the PCI modem to CO6.

Program CO6 not to ring any of the phones.

Set HSP to pickup on internal calls when phone goes off hook. Lable CO6 as HomeSeer.

Install NetcallerID to incoming CO Line in parrellel with Phone system. Program Homeseer to anounce Caller ID.

Connect sound card output to Background Music port on phones.

Put phone system into night mode and program night mode to not ring phone extentions except extention 6. "This is necessary as the background music option is terminated to alow for ring.)

Now i can wate for CID and anounce the caller and play a wave/midi/mp3 sound file as the ring tone. I can even dump the caller to voice mail if i dont want to talk to them or even just dump the call.

Only snag is when the phone system is in night mode all the above works but the automatic awncer feature. when i pick up a PT i have to select the CO1 line to accept the call. and the SLT well I cant figure out what i need to do to awnser the phone from that. (The SLT is my cordless but I may purchase a Panasonic PT cordless phone which will solve that.) Now if only I can have the phones automiticly pick up on the incoming call when it goes off hook all will be set.

I am still a little unclear as to the full features of the TAM function but I beleve it is designed to alow voice mail functions using a standard SL Voice mail box or in this case homeseer Phone.

Comment

I think the TAM feature allows you to pick up the call on that line from other extensions. So if the answering machine has picked up the phone already you can override it from any extension. I have mine programmed to allow it but we just use a PT to pick up the line directly so TAM ended up being a non-feature.
                        Bruce

Comment

That is true and therefore is rather obsolete. when connecting the modem up as described above.

Anyone have any input on the awnser issue when in night mode !!

Comment

I am still waiting for the modem to be able to ask the caller who they want , then announce the name OR then ring a particular extention baised on the callers selection. with the modem plugged into 2 extention ports ( the one plugged into the modems line in being the only one set to ring ) you think it would be simple to do
                            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

The different Panasonic systems have some analog CID features in different ways too. For example, my system can pass analog Caller-ID on ONE extension with the right version of the 8 extension expansion card. Thus, I got that and the one port that provides analog CID is the one going to the HomeSeer Phone LINE IN jack, so I have my preferred wiring arrangement with the PBX AND I have CID coming through to HomeSeer. I also have a NetCID box for another phone line to announce the callers but it uses a different computer for answering. If I did not need the other computer, then I would have had HS able to answer and take messages from multiple lines. (Providing a call did not come in on another line while a VM was being recorded on another.)

As for the answering problem CBL, the way you set up the night mode ringing is probably incorrect - I know because it confused me at first and I made the same mistake. If you change the ringing to disable instead of no rings, then you cannot answer the call. Choose No Rings and it should work where you can still answer the incoming call.

What you will also want to do is to do some HomeSeer actions and/or scripts to change the GREETING at the same time you put the PBX into night mode. (In fact, use HSP to put the PBX into night mode by dialing the DTMF code to switch it over, and that way it will leave night mode when you "wake up" instead of at a set time.) You can change the greeting to say that "Since normal people are now asleep... ... If this is important and you wish to wake me up, press ____, otherwise please leave a message after the tone." Then, have HS detect that DTMF string and if it finds it, you can have it transfer the call to the phone extension at your bedside. I have it ring all of the phones, but ringing a specific extension should not be too difficult.
                              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                              X