EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS2 Beta Testing

EnvisaLink Plug-in is designed to control your DSC security system using the EnvisaLink interface: http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

Installation
    :
    - download and unzip the zip attached to this post.
    - Copy HSPI_ENVISALINK.dll to your HS2 root directory
    - Copy EnvisaLink.lf to your Config directory.
    - Copy the gif files to html\images\EnvisaLink (Create this directory if it doesn't exist)

see configuration instructions in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1069740

Changes to v1.0.0.10:
    • Fixed EnvisaLink actions

Changes to v1.0.0.9:
    • Added "Exit Delay in Progress" and "Entry Delay in Progress" as partition possible status

Changes to v1.0.0.8:
    • Added action "Sync Alarm Time" to sync alarm time with system time
    • Ignore messages that fail to be parsed, and log them as warnings

Changes to v1.0.0.7:
    • Added following partition statuses: "Armed Away", "Armed Stay", "Armed Stay - Zero Entry delay", "Armed Away - Zero Entry delay", "Ready - Force Arming Enabled"

Changes to v1.0.0.6:
    • Added "Ring Detected" message as a trigger

Changes to v1.0.0.5:
    • Fixed "Ring Detected" message which was causing error when received.

Changes to v1.0.0.4:
    • Better error handling for connection and password issues

Changes to v1.0.0.3:
    • Replaced Debug yes/no flag with log level switch
    • Added icons for zone devices
    • Limit password field to 6 characters

Changes to v1.0.0.2:
    • Fixed bug in Reconnect function causing a crash
    • Fixed error when changing a trigger owned by another plugin to an EnvisaLink trigger

Changes to v1.0.0.1:
    • Replaced "Arm" button with "Arm Stay" and "Arm Away" buttons on status page
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; July 23, 2014, 02:28 PM.

Quick question

I plan to load this up to check it out tomorrow - one question first

I have more than one partition, so how do I associate the right zones to the right partitions?

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
      I have more than one partition, so how do I associate the right zones to the right partitions?
      I only have one partition, so I may be missing something, but why do you want to do that?

Note: You can rename the zones to anything you want, so you could rename "Zone 1" to "Partition 1: Zone 1"
      Last edited by spud; June 10, 2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe it does not matter

Well after thinking about it maybe it does not matter - the DSC HW maintains the association. On the HS end I guess it may not make a difference.

From HS (or a keypad) I can arm or disarm by partition so everything should work properly.

Going to give it a go now, hope it does not matter.....

Comment

Nice Job

Working great so far - testing some events now. Came right up, triggers seem to be working w/o any issues.

It is 4 in the morning here so I think I'll wait a bit before I try testing the Arm / Dis-Arm functions.

This is very easy to use, you did an amazing job!!!!!

Comment

Found something (minor)

Not a big problem, just though I would mention it.

On my system I have a gap between wired and wireless zones (some wired zones are unused).

I deleted the unused zones but when I restart HS they come back.

I'm assuming I can just hide them and forget the exist until I need to wire another one up to something.

I'll let you know if any issues with that plan.

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
              Not a big problem, just though I would mention it.

On my system I have a gap between wired and wireless zones (some wired zones are unused).

I deleted the unused zones but when I restart HS they come back.

I'm assuming I can just hide them and forget the exist until I need to wire another one up to something.

I'll let you know if any issues with that plan.
              Thanks for testing.

I could recreate the zones and partitions only when you change the number of zones and partitions from the config page and not when the plugin initialize, but then if you delete a zone by mistake it would never be recreated.

So hiding the zones you don't use is probably the best solution.

Comment

Problem with arming

Can't seem to get my partition to arm. Looking at the log the plug-in seems to be adding a leading digit to my master code (I see 5 digits in the log vice my 4 digit code) - BTW, I'm using 4 digit codes so not sure if you use 6 digit codes and have not tested with 4 digits.

I tried reentering my master code and restarting HS but it did the same thing.

Comment

I'm using 4 digits codes and it works for me

if your master code is 1234 you should see something like that in the log:
                  Code:
                  Request: PartitionArmControlWithCode 11234
                  the extra digit is your partition number

please tell me exactly how you try to arm: from the device button or from an action, and send me the logs.

Comment

Error code 024

Not much in the log

6/8/2013 2:13:28 PM EnvisaLink SystemError 024
                    6/8/2013 2:13:28 PM EnvisaLink Request: PartitionArmControlWithCode XXXXX

FYI, Xed out my master code, understand now, extra leading digit is my partition number.

Trying from the status screen...

Comment

According to the API doc, this error means:

System Not Ready to Arm (system is either not-secure, in exit-delay, or already armed)

What is the status of your partition before you try to arm? it needs to be "Ready"

Comment

System is ready to arm

System is ready, I even tried a different user code, - I'll need to log into the DCS system (with DL5) and see what is happening....

Two things - I'm running this alongside the Blade DCS plug-in (on the same HS PC at the same time). I did not think this would matter since the Blade Plug-in is using the IT-100 and your SW is using the EnvisaLink card.

Also, this might me an issue with the Blade SW as well (for me) since I don't use HS to arm or disarm (ever) I just tried it with your plug-in to help with the testing. I'll try that today...

On my unit I have an installer code and user codes set and I have tried both - I don't have a master code set since I never needed one (I think a master code is useless if you set up the system yourself and have the installer code) - that might be the problem but doubt it since I have disarmed the system via the EnvisaLink Web site and that worked w/o a master code in the system.

Comment

Worked with Blade Plug-in

So it works with the Blade DCS plug in - I have a question, are you sending Arm Away or Arm Stay with your Plug-in when the Arm button is pressed from the status screen - I'm sitting in front of a motion sensor when doing this so maybe that is messing up an Arm Away command (not sure, just wondering)...

Comment

Just noticed this

So the Blade DCS Plug-in will Arm and is reporting (Ready Force Arm) on my PC screen. At the keypad I can Arm the system - but your EnvisaLink Plug-in is reporting not ready (sorry I missed this before since I looked at the keypad vice the PC screen, just assumed they would be the same).

I think this may be an Arm Stay / Arm Away issue, but just guessing

Comment

Got it to Arm

So on my system I have a zone set up as "05 Interior Stay-Away" that zone is generally open but lets me arm since it is type 05. When I close that zone your plug-in reports Ready and can be armed from the status screen.

Not sure why Blades Plug-in will arm with that zone open and your plug-in will not but something is different. Hope this helps - must stop now, other half has zoomed by on broom stick with evil eye due to my excessive time on HS projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X