No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank yoiu mr happy. i am planning to install doorbird. see it as the most flexible door cam unit out there. Curious what can i do with it via plug in that isnt done through their app?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
      thank yoiu mr happy. i am planning to install doorbird. see it as the most flexible door cam unit out there. Curious what can i do with it via plug in that isnt done through their app?
      To be brutally honest you can probably do less with this plugin than you can the app.

This plugin will enable you to;

1) Connect over LAN rather than using the DoorBell cloud service (which looks to be what the app uses because I got notifications via HS on the weekend but didn't get them via the app)

2) Enable you to get notifications of motion/doorbell in HS, so you can run events ie turning the TV on mute/TTS announcements which you can't do through the app

3) Control the door opener/IR LED's through HS, so you could open the door remotely if you had a door strike connected to the unit

What the plugin won't do;

1) Support the RF transmit facility in the DoorBird unit, I'm awaiting additions to the API to allow this to happen. This is meant to allow you to open RF locks.

2) Support the gating of the image to prevent motion activation in frequent motion sectors, this appears to be a recent addition to the app but you can change it in the app and it appears to behave the same way in the plugin when you have done this.

3) Intercom to the door - this is not part of the public API and in any case if it was I am not convinced there is any way to get it into the HS system.

I personally use it;

1) On motion activation I run a script that captures 30 seconds of video from the camera to a file and stores it.

2) On doorbell I run a TTS announcement, chime and depending on the time of day turn the downstairs lights on in the hall. I also send a Pushover message if I happen to be out (which is a duplicate of what the DoorBird does but in case their service is down).

3) On doorbell change a HSTouch screen to a video feed from the door, in here I have a button on the HSTouch screen that will launch the DoorBird android app and would enable me to speak to the caller.

Comment

thanks for the info. because doorbird has extra contacts, that helps with triggers for other things. and the camera is continuous, not just when the bell rings, so i can integrate into my security network. i will keep you posted once i install.
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

I just bought myself (I mean my wife just bought me) the doorbirdf or Chirstmas...lol anyways I will be going through installation of plugin and such and posting any feedback. thanks again for writing this plugin and keeping it free. I will also be donating

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
            I just bought myself (I mean my wife just bought me) the doorbirdf or Chirstmas...lol anyways I will be going through installation of plugin and such and posting any feedback. thanks again for writing this plugin and keeping it free. I will also be donating
            Hope you like the unit and let me know what happens with the plugin mine is growing on me and I have got used to it attached to the wall now although I think they could do with adopting the look of something like the ring unit but with the feature set of the DoorBird. I'm trying to keep an eye on the API as they do appear to be regular updates, if anyone catches anything (apart from two way audio, that's something they have recently allowed but I can't think of a way through HSTouch of doing this) they would like please let me know.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone - I've released version .10 yesterday which adds two minor changes;
              • Improved way of detecting whether the DoorBird unit is either online or offline
              • Added event action option to specify whether or not you wish to add a date/time stamp to an image because the images by default have nothing on them so you don't know when they were taken. Unfortunately this can only be for the images when they are downloaded by event action, the images in the history page have to be downloaded from the camera when the page is loaded and they would all end up with the same date/time on them.

Comment

1.0 error

I installed the new version and have had the following log:
                DoorBird ConnectionTimer Exception: The operation has timed out.
                This is logging continually.
                I go to the plugin page and in the area of the picture is the text:

Communications Issue/No Plugin Details.

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
                  I installed the new version and have had the following log:
                  DoorBird ConnectionTimer Exception: The operation has timed out.
                  This is logging continually.
                  I go to the plugin page and in the area of the picture is the text:

Communications Issue/No Plugin Details.

Oops sorry about that, I thought it was only me so I've been chasing wifi adaptors all around my house thinking it was a signal strength issue. Can you just replace it with this version until I fix it...I'm going to have to get some advice from DoorBird themselves around why it times out on some requests but not others.
                  Last edited by mrhappy; January 5, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hi MrHappy,
                    I also have a Doorbird and am using your plugin (0.0.0.9). It works well but there is one very odd thing that happens everyday and I think it is a Doorbird issue.

I use UltraMon3 to keep an eye on my home network. Everyday at around 3 or 4pm it reports a new device on the network (IP 192.168.1.188) with no MAC. It only appears for a few minutes and then disappears again.

I thought someone was hacking my WiFi or something. But just the other day when it happened I noticed that the Doorbird was offline during this time. It is almost as if the Doorbird reboots everyday and then uses 192.168.1.188 until the DHCP server re-issues the correct IP.

Not sure if this is of any help to you. I would be interested to hear what Doorbird have to say.

Marty.
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      Hi MrHappy,
                      I also have a Doorbird and am using your plugin (0.0.0.9). It works well but there is one very odd thing that happens everyday and I think it is a Doorbird issue.

I use UltraMon3 to keep an eye on my home network. Everyday at around 3 or 4pm it reports a new device on the network (IP 192.168.1.188) with no MAC. It only appears for a few minutes and then disappears again.

I thought someone was hacking my WiFi or something. But just the other day when it happened I noticed that the Doorbird was offline during this time. It is almost as if the Doorbird reboots everyday and then uses 192.168.1.188 until the DHCP server re-issues the correct IP.

Not sure if this is of any help to you. I would be interested to hear what Doorbird have to say.

Marty.

If I just jump in before you hear from the author, the manufacturers of DoorBird have not yet provided the option for setting a static IP. I think they assume that everyone uses plug'n play so that they make their product appealing to everyone. The more simple solution is if you have a managed switch is to create VLANs and have your DoorBird locked in one of the VLANs. Question? What about HomeSeer? Yes HomeSeer can access multiple VLANs using a proper network card or cards. So you make sure you don't alocate more IP address space in the VLAN where you have your DoorBird (no where to run!). If have more than one DoorBird then you can set the switch to lock a MAC address of the DoorBird to a port. (more on that here: http://kb.netgear.com/21786/What-is-...managed-switch)

Expensive solution but what else can we do?

NOTE: I have never setup the WiFi because I don't like streaming video over WiFi. The only stuff I have on WiFi are phone and the iPAD.

I hope that helps.

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

So I finally got my doorbird installed. I have to say I really love it so far. I have it currently working over WIFI at the moment. I do have conduit ran for poe run though I still need to pull the cable. So far from my testing everything seems to work well. I still have much to do with integrating into my system however I have it working in blue iris and connected to homeseer. I will continue to test event triggers and access as I continue to add it into my home automation system.

Currently the only annoyance that I have with the unit is that the damn IR light doesn't stay on. It appears that it only will stay on for 3 minutes. I can switch it on via your plugin and the app and it works just fine however it turns back off after the timer expires.

This kind of defeats the purpose of having an always on unit for video recording as well, as I use it within blue iris.

I was wondering since you seem to be in contact with the developers if there was any solutions or workarounds to keeping this ir light always at night time.

Thanks again for this wonderful plugin and addition to my home automation sickness...lol

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                          So I finally got my doorbird installed. I have to say I really love it so far. I have it currently working over WIFI at the moment. I do have conduit ran for poe run though I still need to pull the cable. So far from my testing everything seems to work well. I still have much to do with integrating into my system however I have it working in blue iris and connected to homeseer. I will continue to test event triggers and access as I continue to add it into my home automation system.

Currently the only annoyance that I have with the unit is that the damn IR light doesn't stay on. It appears that it only will stay on for 3 minutes. I can switch it on via your plugin and the app and it works just fine however it turns back off after the timer expires.

This kind of defeats the purpose of having an always on unit for video recording as well, as I use it within blue iris.

I was wondering since you seem to be in contact with the developers if there was any solutions or workarounds to keeping this ir light always at night time.

Thanks again for this wonderful plugin and addition to my home automation sickness...lol
                          I know it's a bit odd also when I looked at the API and struggle with the reason why, I can only think they didn't want the current draw with them being on all the time but then it would be low in comparison to the rest of the unit so perhaps there are other reasons. I mean as a workaround you might be able to have a three minute recurring event running overnight to keep the light on but I'm not sure I've tried that as a method. I think I did ask this the last time when I spoke to them but I'll ask again.

I voided my warranty the other day taking mine apart and had a look in the unit, it appears quite nicely made but some interesting things inside including a Micro SD card holder, in an ideal world there would be a firmware update that allowed the video to be saved there and recovered.

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                          Hi MrHappy,

Marty.
                          Yes this will help certainly something is odd I can't put my finger on it but this might go some way to explain. I can't figure out why it times out the request to get the status info (which I was using as a means to determine whether or not it was online or not) but still seems to be able to send the notifications? I personally think in an ideal world that it would be good if the blue LED around the button illuminated if it was connected and was off if it was disconnected.

Comment

Latest Version

Hi,

Where can I find a link to the latest version?

Thanks!

-Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
                              Hi,

Where can I find a link to the latest version?

Thanks!

-Philip
                              Post #53 has it but if you are already running an older version you may as well stick on it and not bother changing because that version I thought solved some issues that it does not, it was only a minor release.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks just found that link above.

This would be my first install - Please let me know which version you'd suggest?

Huge thanks for building this plugin!

Donation on its way.

-Philip

Comment

Working...
                                X