Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro RGB module not picking up

I had an RGB device defined with the a voice command in HS3 (i'm on v402)

it worked fine with the last version of this skill, but now it won't pickup when i go to discover devices.

Named it sailboat (lights are on a large sailboat display).
    Is dimmable was already checked (i cannot change - greyed out)
    I checked is light
    made sure Voice Command is checked.

discovery will not pick it up. any ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

it worked fine with the last version of this skill, but now it won't pickup when i go to discover devices.

I checked is light

One thing that changed with the V3 skill is requiring "Any User" access. I tried with my MyHS username and the devices are not discovered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1195090

Edit: Nevermind. I replied before you added a screenshot. I don't know why it is not discovered.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I haven’t yet upgraded to HS398 and the new skill. I’ll wait a bit longer.

I would like to have an HS3 motion sensor trigger an Alexa scene. In other words, is it possible to get Alexa to do something without speaking a command?

Steve Q
        Last edited by Steve Q; January 31, 2018, 06:45 PM.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I checked is light

@Rprade, did you get any of your Fibaro devices working? I might buy a couple of yours for sale if I can figure this out?

anyone else have a clue here? weird that it worked before and not now.

Comment

@Rprade, did you get any of your Fibaro devices working? I might buy a couple of yours for sale if I can figure this out?

anyone else have a clue here? weird that it worked before and not now.
            I will try and post back.

EDIT: I enabled one for voice. It was discovered and the controls work fine from the app.

Name:	IMG_1301.PNG
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1195115

Name:	IMG_1302.PNG
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1195116

Name:	IMG_1304.PNG
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1195117
            Last edited by randy; February 1, 2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

New Skill working for one week with no problems. Just returned home and Alexa not recognising any devices. Deleted all devices and rediscoverd them. Devices are not being found now. I disabled and unlinked and relinked the new skill. Still nothing. I unlinked the new skill and linked the old skill and everything has now been discovered and Alexa working perfectly.

Has there been any changes to the new skill in the last 12 hours that may have caused this.

Comment

There was an outage a couple of hours ago that might have caused it.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Same issue here in NC. Got to be related to an outage, as nothing else has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    I will try and post back.

EDIT: I enabled one for voice. It was discovered and the controls work fine from the app.

[ATTACH]66319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]66320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]66321[/ATTACH]
                    Holy cow..... I've never seen the option to change color!!!

Randy, can you look at how the device is setup in HS3? and which actual device (as HS3 loads about 10 from parent on down) did you select to be seen by the Echo?

Maybe a screenshot of the device, and the corresponding configuration page?

thanks

Comment

how do you add the option for color ?? i Have a aeon lab wrgb light

Comment

When I discovered my fibaro (sp) bulbs, set color showed up in the alexa app. I tell Alexa set color red or green or blue, she say ok, but the light color does not change. I select set color in the app, choose a color, and nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                          When I discovered my fibaro (sp) bulbs, set color showed up in the alexa app. I tell Alexa set color red or green or blue, she say ok, but the light color does not change. I select set color in the app, choose a color, and nothing happens.
                          I didn't even know Fibaro had bulbs. we've been talking about their RGB modules

Comment

I didn't even know Fibaro had bulbs. we've been talking about their RGB modules
                            Sorry zipato - my mistake.

Comment

Holy cow..... I've never seen the option to change color!!!

Randy, can you look at how the device is setup in HS3? and which actual device (as HS3 loads about 10 from parent on down) did you select to be seen by the Echo?

Maybe a screenshot of the device, and the corresponding configuration page?

thanks
                              I enabled the root and all the child nodes for voice and made sure they were authorized for any user. Amazon discovered and created the device you saw in my screenshots. Enabling only the root resulted in no discovery. A screenshot of the configuration page will show nothing as I removed it from voice command after the test yesterday. Don't ask why gallons shows as a child node, all of them created this device when included. I think I included them under 3.0.1.130. Here are the child nodes:

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1195122

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                I enabled the root and all the child nodes for voice and made sure they were authorized for any user. Amazon discovered and created the device you saw in my screenshots. Enabling only the root resulted in no discovery. A screenshot of the configuration page will show nothing as I removed it from voice command after the test yesterday. Don't ask why gallons shows as a child node, all of them created this device when included. I think I included them under 3.0.1.130. Here are the child nodes:

[ATTACH]66336[/ATTACH]
                                that did it. showed up same in alexa app and now works with voice. funny... it doesn't change colors, even though she says "ok"... but i'm ok with that. i can do that elsewhere!

thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X