Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    Travis - I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I need to modify device creation to support.
    Thanks Rob!!!

Comment

Will this new HS3 SmartHome skill allow HS3 to trigger a routine or scene that is already configured in Alexa?

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Looks like Thermostat and Lock commands are not working in API 3 either for me. Thermostat Devices (Omni Plugin) and Locks (Z-Wave) do not show up via the discovery scan.

UPDATE: Not sure if HS is messing with things right now to fix this stuff but lights are no longer being discovered and discovery is taking way too long and doesn't appear to be adding devices at all.

-Travis
        Last edited by Daweeze; January 23, 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a complete list of V3 utterances? I cant find a comprehensive list from amazon.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Dimming is working with my test setup, as are the locks and thermostats I have.

If you send me your license Travis, I'll take a look at what might be the cause of your issues and try to get them sorted.

wade@homeseer.com
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
              Dimming is working with my test setup, as are the locks and thermostats I have.

If you send me your license Travis, I'll take a look at what might be the cause of your issues and try to get them sorted.

wade@homeseer.com

Hi Wade, sent you a PM with the info. Also, I just deleted all of my devices that were working on API 3 last night but no HS devices discover anymore.

-Travis

Comment

It sounds like most people are able to discover at least some devices in v 3. I still am not able to get v3 to discover devices. v2 when enabled has no problem finding my devices.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                  It sounds like most people are able to discover at least some devices in v 3. I still am not able to get v3 to discover devices. v2 when enabled has no problem finding my devices.
                  This is my exact situation. v2=good, v3=no joy

Comment

The only way I got my devices discovered was to update HS to the Beta. I still can't figured out how to trigger events yet. Hope someone could shed some light.
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                      This is my exact situation. v2=good, v3=no joy
                      Glad I am not alone - sorry but that is a good thing. I thought I was the last not able to update.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      The only way I got my devices discovered was to update HS to the Beta. I still can't figured out how to trigger events yet. Hope someone could shed some light.
                      I am on beta 402.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        Thank you sir for your explanation, that did work. Do you know by any chance how are events triggered?
                        Ok figured it out. You type a command in "voice command" then mark with check mark "set as voice command" in the option section. Then discover events under scenes.
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am on Beta .404 and Wade gave me a tip regarding my Thermostat. I needed the Root Device to be selected for Voice, not the independent Fan Mode, Cooling Setpoint, Heating Setpoint and Mode Devices. I removed the Voice tick as well as the Voice Command entries for those devices and added the tick and command name "Thermostat" to my Thermostat Root Device and things are starting to work there.

I cannot seem to get the "Fan Mode" to change from Auto to On or vice-versa though.

Ironically, Lock control doesn't appear to be the same. Setting up the Root Device for my Z-Wave locks did not have the same effect as the Thermostat.

-Travis

Comment

I'm on .402 as well.
                            Glad I am not alone - sorry but that is a good thing. I thought I was the last not able to update.

I am on beta 402.

Comment

Good migration here. I'm on 3.0.0.398. Disabled v2, removed the existing devices in the alexa app, then enabled v3 and did a discover. I did everything from echo.amazon.com except deleting the devices. The website would error out on the forget, therefore used the app to delete each device.

Devices and Events with the "Voice Command" option selected were discovered.

Great Job.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                Travis - I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if I need to modify device creation to support.
                                Hey Rob,

You should be good on your side. I figured out part of the issue. I have some special values I add to my devices to determine if they have been dimmed via automation vs at the switch that appear to confuse v3 due to multiple dim assignments. I asked Wade to look into this. If I remove those values, the lights dim as expected but my event logic breaks due to them being removed.

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                                X