Can the Arduino run stand alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Arduino run stand alone?

I want to control a thermal mixing valve with temperature set point set from Homeseer.

The valve is opened or closed with 24V ac pulses, so I was thinking along the lines of an Arduino with 2 relay outputs and a 1-wire temperature sensor. Control should be fairly easy to do with the Arduino. I would like to be able to set the temperature from Homeseer, but the Arduino should be able to run the temperature control without a continuous connection to HS, so it still works when Homeseer has crashed.

Initially I thought that this plugin might let me do that, but it looks as if it just uses the Arduino as an I/O extension and needs to be connected continually.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

Originally posted by billt View Post
    I want to control a thermal mixing valve with temperature set point set from Homeseer.

The valve is opened or closed with 24V ac pulses, so I was thinking along the lines of an Arduino with 2 relay outputs and a 1-wire temperature sensor. Control should be fairly easy to do with the Arduino. I would like to be able to set the temperature from Homeseer, but the Arduino should be able to run the temperature control without a continuous connection to HS, so it still works when Homeseer has crashed.

Initially I thought that this plugin might let me do that, but it looks as if it just uses the Arduino as an I/O extension and needs to be connected continually.

Can you confirm if this is the case?
    Hi billt,

Yes you can do this with the API.ino you can write your own code in to the sketch which has 2 areas in it to loop.

/*Execute ONLY when HomeSeer is connected*/
    This will only run when HS is connected.

and

/*Execute regardless of connection status*/
    Will run even if there is no connection to homeseer.

I hope this helps.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Great, thanks. I'll have to get an Arduino and see if I can get it to work!

Comment

Working...
      X