Linux Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Support?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I am wondering if you are going to convert this to a Linux plugin as well, and if that is something you are considering what the timeframe would be?

I have largely got my system moved to linux now, but have held off making the big jump until I get the things all across to linux and one of those things was this plugin which I use throughout the house quite a lot .

Are there any plans to support it on Linux, I am not sure if it uses any specific DLL's but hopefully they should work on Linux?

I should clarify, I don't so much mean run the plugin remote and connect to a linux server but rather run the plugin on the linux HS server.

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked, but I am wondering if you are going to convert this to a Linux plugin as well, and if that is something you are considering what the timeframe would be?

I have largely got my system moved to linux now, but have held off making the big jump until I get the things all across to linux and one of those things was this plugin which I use throughout the house quite a lot .

Are there any plans to support it on Linux, I am not sure if it uses any specific DLL's but hopefully they should work on Linux?

I should clarify, I don't so much mean run the plugin remote and connect to a linux server but rather run the plugin on the linux HS server.

Many Thanks!

I do plan on doing this but linux is all new to me and I am not a programmer by trade so I will get there but can not give an ETA. I would hope some time soon(ish) if I can get a linux test environment up and running.
    I would say I could get it working with Ethernet first as the com port setup will need to be changed quite a lot to get it to find the Arduinos on a linux machine.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for the update, I did recall i think there might be some issues with mono and serial port datarecieved handing as well which I had forgotten about
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

I decided to have a play with it today running on mono and I am delighted to say so far I have an ethernet board running with a PWM output, and 1-wire inputs.

I did have some minor issues at the start where the plugin crashed, but that was because it was trying to check for a license that did not exist, when I ran it locally on the linux HS3 server, it showed up in the interfaces page, once I entered my codes it let me start it fine and I am now controlling my greenhouse through Linux and Arduino .

It will need more testing and checking, but I suspect the change to make it fully mono compatible will not be hard .

Comment

I to have had a play and have it working on ubuntu. I have made some changes to the Ethernet and some UI stuff but I can't get the usb working because as you said the mono data receive handler is not working.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            I to have had a play and have it working on ubuntu. I have made some changes to the Ethernet and some UI stuff but I can't get the usb working because as you said the mono data receive handler is not working.

This might help:

http://www.mono-project.com/archived...systemioports/

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul. I did see that before but it would take a lot of code changes. I will look at it again when I get more time.

Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Working...
              X