A way to add a delay to a real device ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to add a delay to a real device ?

My tv is almost always going in standby mode when i turn it off. I think it is a bug.

anyways. I was using a z wave to know when the tv is on or off ( if the tv consume 0 w then is its off. ...etc)

but with the bug... it was really hard to construct events with a variable wattage...( the wattage is always changing ... and never goes to 0 in standby mode..)

so i name my s wave switch ''living room tv'' and when the switch is on then the receive electricity and it goes on... when i turn it off ( the tv goes off obviously)...
    And this is the part i do not like..

so i would like to add a delay to the zwave switch... to be able to send a off command ( with harmony ) before it actually goes off.

is there a way to do this?
    i tried to do this with a virtual device... but got a bunch a weird behavior.

i need to know when the tv is off or on.... because i got a lot of events depending on that.

I do this. I use an appliance module. I needed a way to tell if the tv was on or not.
    Attached Files

Comment

If your TV and or AMP are modern they have an HDMI port and an Ethernet port ===> So if you use them both together, interlink them with an HDMI lead to power each other on/off using HDMI-cec . Then connect RJ45 leads to them so that HS3 can detect their power status using either of two plugins ====> BLLAN or UltraMon3 and base your events on that.

NOTE: HDMI-cec works in sleep state but if you also use Zwave to completely power them off then the plugins show their network status!

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; March 25, 2018, 12:54 PM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
      X