No announcement yet.

The New Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just fired up the new Board on my touchscreen in the living room, it is set to 800x600. Even at that width, it is neccessary to scroll left and right to view the page. So that defeats the purpose of making it so narrow in the first place. I just don't think hard coding the width is the answer.

Heres a screen cap from my touchscreen 800x600 running the browser maximized.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rupp
    No if I remember correctly it should put scroll bars on the image. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if someone is using a 1024x768 monitor, you will have to scroll to see the entire image???

I just checked stats on one of my sites, 68% of web surfers are using 1024 or higher, and 27% were 800 or lower the other 5% was unknown. This was a sampling of 14,768 hits during the month of November.
    Attached Files
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Comment

Guys,

keep in mind that Friday is also our most popular night to chat, so while there is some downtime, feel free to stop by
      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
      (aka xplosiv)
      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

New Message board quirks

It appears that all of the images in posts are incorrect. It is using whatever image was used for the very first post in a thread, and using that image for the ENTIRE thread. UPDATE: Problem has been fixed by HST

Also this board keep resorting to showing me the posts for today. I keep changing it at the bottom of the screen, and it keeps going back. When I go into a thread, I usually can only see about 4-10 messages, and have to go to the bottom and click "Show messages since the beginning". I went through my options, and I see no where to change this.

Also, Rick, Rich, are there any comments on the width of the new board? As I mentioned even on a 800x600 display, it is neccessary to scroll left and right. So what is the purpose of having the board so narrow in the first place? It dosent appear to have an effect on the size of the picture that can be uploaded either.

As for Rupp's concern on "Infinate Expanding", If you look above at the screen cap that I took in the first post (And duplicated throughout the rest of this thread) , you can see that it is increasing the table widths for that particular post. So it appears restricting the width of this board, does not help with that either.

I certainly am not trying to start a fire here. I appreceiate the work you guys have done to put this all together. But, on the other hand, it is just something I feel strongly about. As it appears by looking at this thread, So far 7 out of 8 people do not like the new format either. Thats has to count for something... What initiated the change from when you first set up the board for testing? It looked great in full width.
        Last edited by johnwpb; November 7, 2004, 10:30 AM.
        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
        www.JohnWPB.com
        Created with LCARS

Comment

Working...
        X