The Ultimate Touch Screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Touch Screen!

Here are some vids of the new touch screen I just installed in my shower. I recorded my wife playing around with the screen. This touch screen is unbelievable! My skin is starting to dissolve cause I don't want to get out of the shower now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WejCa8-XA10 --Touch screen being used with HSTouch
    (Loaded the screens I had already done for my phone so it's not full screen. Was just testing)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBSBObaqcvE --Touch screen being used with Vista Media Center

Definitely cool

Comment

Very cool. Can you explain how you did this?

Comment

is that some kind of plastic foil placed on the shower glass, which reflects the image?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

What touch screen were you using in the shower?

Comment

I was a bit worried as this is a family program but you did a good job. Is that a projected touch screen on the glass door?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is a fictional video.
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Thanks guys for looking. This is a combination of a transparent rear projection film and an interactive through glass touch screen. It's kinda hard to see the films since they are transparent but if you pay close attention to one of the vids you can see the connection at the very bottom. So the films are actually installed on the outside of the shower, away from water getting to them. This is a temporary intall for testing purposes using my laptop and a projector, but now that I know it works great, I'm going to finish it permanently. I will convert the touch screen to wireless so there is no messy wire and I will put a micro pc in one of my cabinets, hidden from view. The best part is that the window the touchscreen is on, devides the show and the jakuzzi. So when I'm in the shower I can control the house, check my emails, or listen to music, and when I'm in the jakuzzi I can use it to watch movies since the image projects both ways! I'm a distributor of both of these films and a few others. I'm working on a site that should be up in a few weeks, so if any of you guys would like to buy one for your home or business. Due to the pricing they are more intended for commercial use though. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this. Thanks again guys for looking.
                Last edited by ; January 4, 2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  I was a bit worried as this is a family program but you did a good job. Is that a projected touch screen on the glass door?
                  I understand where your coming from and believe me, I wasn't crazy about filming my wife in the shower with a towel on, but she insisted that needed to actually make it look like she was taking a shower to better capture the audience. So the water was actually running too. Anyways, I put a big towel on her, so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by txbandit View Post
                    so if any of you guys would like to buy one for your home or business. Due to the pricing they are more intended for commercial use though. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this. Thanks again guys for looking.
                    I'm curious about the ball park figures... if it's $10,000 it's out of the question for most people here.

Maybe you can shoot me a PM with rough pricing.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

or post the pricing...
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

For the same setup you guys saw on the vids, your looking roughly at about $4800. This is just a ball park figure. This includes a 40" through glass interactive film and a transparent rear projection film. Smaller and larger sizes are available too. I'll keep you guys posted when the site is up, so you'll be able to order online. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by txbandit View Post
                          For the same setup you guys saw on the vids, your looking roughly at about $4800. This is just a ball park figure. This includes a 40" through glass interactive film and a transparent rear projection film. Smaller and larger sizes are available too. I'll keep you guys posted when the site is up, so you'll be able to order online. Thanks.

that is not too expensive for cutting edge tech like that...

that is great...

Comment

txbandit, I noticed that it was last year since you posted this, how has the project been going?

Comment

Working...
                            X