Shuttle X50V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle X50V2

Thinking of buying one (or maybe 3) of these to run HSTouch.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...374&CatId=2846

Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Thanks

Jeff

you can even run Homeseer one it.

Beste is to replace the HD with a small size SSD
    this will make the machine faster and silent.

Comment

I have a similar Asus product EEETop ET1602C. I chose this over the shuttle as it comes with OS, hard drive, keyboard, mouse. It works fine for HSTouch, although the on board graphics for both of these kinda suck (Intel GMA) so the refresh of the HS Touch pages is not as quick as my desktop. But I have mine in the kitchen so it doubles as a kitchen PC.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on how to recess wall mount the Shuttle so that all of the connectors on the side are not showing?

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
          Anyone have any ideas on how to recess wall mount the Shuttle so that all of the connectors on the side are not showing?
          That would be next to impossible due to the heating of the unit. That's what makes these smaller units so nice, they flush mount.
          http://store.homeseer.com/store/HST-...-P644C118.aspx
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the responses, but I was hopping to find someone who has one of the Shuttles.
            I'm not able to find one locally to play with, so I'd like to know what current owners think.

Mainly I'm interested in how reliable the device is. It will be left on 24/7 with the screen blanking when not in use.
            Also how do you like the "feel" of the touch screen. This will be a touch only device, no keyboard or mouse connected.
            Will most likely run Windows 7.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Any reason you would rule out the Asus EEETop ET1602C. I am very happy with it for HS Touch. It has very similar specs to the Shuttle but comes with OS, keyboard, memory, HD that the Shuttle does not. You can also find it in the same price range.

One other consideration is do you want to wall mount? I think the EETOP needs an adpater where the Shuttle can be mounted as is.

Also, maybe check the newegg reviews...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16856101090
              Last edited by heatvent; May 27, 2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Crazy late to the party I realize but I have two of the shuttles. I'm very happy with them. I chose the Shuttle over the Asus for a couple of reasons. The biggest by far was the use of a dual core processor. None of these machines are going to be speed demons but no doubt the presence of two discrete processing cores is going to help overall responsiveness. The second reason for me was aesthetics. I think the shuttle is just a little less obtrusive.

Performance wise here's what I've noticed. I have no real issues with the performance of the machine, I've got a 5400rpm drive and 2gb of RAM running windows 7 32-bit. The only application I tend to run is HS-Touch which certainly helps performance. The machine is nice and quiet which is a huge benefit. The touch screen is okay but not perfect. Firstly, it's a single touch screen only and not the most accurate I've ever seen. I have several other touchscreens in the house that use the optical bezel (HP touchsmart type stuff) and those are definitely more accurate.

All that said I'm very happy with my little X50V2s and would buy again.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                X