No announcement yet.

Mimo Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 5m usb cable (non powered) which goes from my homeseer/hs touch pc through the wall and into a powered usb hub, this then has the standard mimo (double) usb cable attached which goes straight to the monitor.

In my set up I had to bury the usb hub in the wall behind the monitor

this is the only monitor I have on the pc and I have it set to launch Homeseer & HS touch on start up.

I also have the USB hub set in the device manager to not "allow windows to turn this device off" but in the power settings i have the monitor to turn of after 1 minute

This way the monitor is blank until I tap it at which point it wakes up instantly.

I also have the large clock on the front screen to act as a button when after dark so when I tap it the bedroom lights automatically come on

Hope that helps

Comment

Thank you Stuart; it does help to know how your setup is wired.

I've been just experimenting with USB cables and what happens when I just power down the 2.0 Hub, Mimo monitor or unplug the usb cable at the computer or the USB cable from the 2.0 hub to the computer (to break it).

Just noticed your monitor label saids Mymo instead of Mimo.

I liked you clock screen and did a similiar main screen with same clock acting as a button to the original main screen. (plus a sleep button).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I've left the client running "on a wall" now without touching the cables for a few days now. I've rebooted the PC a couple of times and its come back fine. I also took apart the "stalk" of the mounting bracket and was able to fit a longer screw to the back of the LCD clip. I then used a washer to mount it on a small piece of wood (temporary like). The next part is see if I can find a right angled mini to regular sized USB cable. Will take pictures when completed.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          The next part is see if I can find a right angled mini to regular sized USB cable.
          If you find one of those, let me know, I'd be interested in that as well.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

They DO exist. I've got one at my house.

I don't remember where I got it...

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Maybe Monoprice has it? Will check.

Found some. 5" would be ideal. Still a bit too big but I can recess box some. These average around $14 USD.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; November 23, 2010, 05:57 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I received a new USB 2.0 powered hub today from HKG (took about 2 weeks). Its got a very small footprint with decent connectors in the shape of an octapus with the power barrel connector right on the main piece. It should do the job without disconnecting itself to easily. The "older" 2.0 hub is a 10 port "stick" style hub with too large of a footprint. Will post pictures. I will have to cut the 1AMP 5V transformer to utilize each side of it.

Well the new octapus style USB powered hub turned out to be a 1.0 powered hub. Didn't find this out until I had wired it all in and booted up the PC - back to the drawing board.
                Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2010, 07:16 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Here is a picture of the two USB hubs. The one on the left was sold as a 2.0 hub where as its a 1.0 hub. Think it was .99 plus $4 shipping from HKG. The one on the right came today. I like the footprint of it. Will test it in the next few days. The company wrote back about the first one stating that they will send me the same hub in the 2.0 version at no charge to me.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Decided yesterday to switch my Mimo testing over to using a Linux base for the monitor instead of a Wintel base.

Doing various Linux Mimo Google searches I've seen quite a few folks setting up multiple USB based LCD monitors for status type stuff. One was connecting 10 USB based monitors. (for just status monitoring) Could have been sort of Financial institution thing....brokerage house maybe?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X