Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Publicity

mis
    Last edited by mwhistle; March 15, 2005, 10:14 PM.

Welcome message

Give them a welcome message when they arrive. have one set up and ready and when the crew gets there tell them that they could film them comming in and it could greet them. they might find that to be rather cool (I know I would)
    oh they paying you anything for this? cause you could try and use the money to get a lcd touchpad for you setup (which BTW sounds AWSOME)

Comment

I find one of the biggest impacts of my HA is the Betabrite LED sign. It's a great visual!
      So far I'm displaying:
      - HA status (ex. garage opening, someone at the front door)
      - Caller ID
      - Sports scores
      - Stock Ticker
      - "Now Playing" (followed by Artist, Song) for my audio streaming
      - Weather (inside and out)
      - Random thoughts
      - Date / Time
      You get the idea.
      Mike

Comment

Good One

A welcome greeting would be trivially easy to setup. I could use that as their introduction to who I call my Edward, my "butler" (HomeSeer voice).

No, I'm not being paid for this. My mother asked me that same question. My payoff is in the "artifacts" that may result and may add value to my loft should I decide to sell it in the future.

I'm a little nervous cause there is a reality TV component to this. They intend to film me "doing what I do" over the course of an entire day.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Wish I had:
          Classy interface for HomeSeer that I could show-off
          How bout Mainlobby?
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Mainlobby definately comes to mind! But to try to get a smooth looking/working interface from scratch, in a small time frame, would be tight! There is a definate learning curve involved with any new venture. You can download the trial of Mainlobby and the HS plugin, and they would not expire till after the show aired. They may also give you a break on the price to register it in turn for the free advertising

A touchscreen would make for a VERY nice presentation, if you can swing getting one by the time they shoot. The Airpanel certainly comes to mind, I have one and love it! But then again, you would need to build a complete interface in a short time for the touchscreen. On the other hand, if you have the VR working well, that can also be a great impact for the crew and the viewers. What voices are you using for your "buttler"? AT&T or Neo Voices would be fantastic compared to the default MS voices.

I would also set up a x10 keychain or some other device you can easily and discretely carry around with you to activate/deactivate HS listening for commands. (The keychain remote could work completely hidden with your hand in your pocket). VR works great with a quiet room, but with an entire film crew and others in the loft, you could potentially get a LOT of false triggers. Something you do NOT want to happen when showing off the system

Congrats! and keep us posted to when the show will air as you find out....
            Last edited by johnwpb; April 4, 2005, 02:48 AM.
            Visit My Home Seer Site at:
            www.JohnWPB.com
            Created with LCARS

Comment

Mainlobby definately comes to mind! But to try to get a smooth looking/working interface from scratch, in 20 some odd days, would be tough!
              John, you must be confusing Main Lobby with that "other" product. <o ="">
              </o>
              --------------------------------------------------
              **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I think the HS and ML guys should all hop on a plane to Austin and hook this gal up with lots of toys - and get his system tweaked - on time for the show
                Last edited by jrfuda; March 3, 2005, 10:38 AM. Reason: Corrected reference to gender
                John
                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda
                  I think the HS and ML guys should all hop on a plane to Austin and hook this guy up with lots of toys - and get his system tweaked - on time for the show
                  It certainly crossed my mind that I could use some help to spice up my HA system. Thanks for bringing this up. I wasn't sure how to do it myself.

I do think this is a great opportunity to showcase HomeSeer in a residential setting.

Oh, and I'm a female. Not completely sure, but I imagine that puts me in the minority class for home automation types. That combination certainly sparked an interest with the show's producer.

Comment

Betabrite

Yeah, this would certainly be "filmable." No doubt. But I think my designer would kill me unless it was installed very, very elegantly.

Comment

Just being you could really be an HA boost!

Originally posted by mwhistle
                      Oh, and I'm a female. Not completely sure, but I imagine that puts me in the minority class for home automation types. That combination certainly sparked an interest with the show's producer.
                      Reminds me of the famous _New Yorker cartoon http://www.unc.edu/depts/jomc/academics/dri/idog.html.

Not matter what I think is the "best" interface (currently MainLobby touch screens), nothing gets a "Wow!" like voice commands. Saying "Bunter, play some Ella" and having music appear just floors people.

Hope you really have some fun with this.

bt

Comment

johnwpb:

I have seriously looked at MainLobby at least three times. I looked again at it last week, thinking I ought to have up and ready by the end of the month. You've spooked me a bit about how long it would take to get it tight, failsafe, and good-looking. I used my trial version quite some time ago so I haven't played with it recently. Anyway, I rather doubt I could get something up and running that would come close to your implementation. It's really slick.

For HomeSeer I use NeoVoices and for Outlook annoucements, I use a Valley Girl voice. The VR with HomeSeer is not rock solid right now. I need to spend some time tightening that up before I try to show-off for TV (it's been OK for friends, family, and neighbors).

And, your idea of a keychain fob in the pocket is brilliant!!

Comment

Originally posted by mwhistle
                          Any ideas from the community or the HomeSeer staff on how I can best exhibit (and get a good plug-in for) HomeSeer and its capabilities?
                          Hi MWhistle,

Sounds great! Please call when you get a moment or your send me your phone # and we can talk about it.

thanks!

-Mark

Mark Colegrove
                          Director of Sales & Marketing
                          HomeSeer Technologies
                          109 Powder Hill Rd
                          Bedford, NH 03110
                          voice: 603/471-2816 x106
                          email: mailto:mark@homeseer.com
                          web: http://www.homeseer.com
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Woohoo for homeseer. Sounds like you may be getting some support from them soon. That would be awesome. Make sure you tape the show for those of us who might miss it. Keep your digital camera close by for behind the scene shots also.

Congrats!

Comment

Yes DO record it, then rip it to avi.. if you want me to host it I will so others can grab it from me.

Great news

Comment

Working...
                              X