This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to handle N-way switches...

How should I handle multiple dimmers for the same light? Do I need two different HS devices? I noticed if I try to change the "virtual" dimmer (the one not attached directly to the load) via HS the LED ramps up and down, but the light stays off.

With Insteon all groups are local. You have two lights that control each other, but there is no association between them outside of themselves. It is not an N-Way in any real sense.

There will be an option in the plug-in to control all associated linked units when controlling a master unit, or you can make a new group/scene with HomeSeer that duplicates the linkage between the switches and control the group that way.

Jon

Originally posted by Near76
    How should I handle multiple dimmers for the same light? Do I need two different HS devices? I noticed if I try to change the "virtual" dimmer (the one not attached directly to the load) via HS the LED ramps up and down, but the light stays off.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I assume you are using Insteon or ICON dimmers? If so, did you link the switches? I have a couple of three-way scenarios with ICON dimmers and you have to "link" the additional switches in order to control the load. You can get the detailed instructions from here: https://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2876db.pdf

Scott

Comment

I think he was asking about HomeSeer control, not local control.

Jon

Originally posted by sqhughes
        I assume you are using Insteon or ICON dimmers? If so, did you link the switches? I have a couple of three-way scenarios with ICON dimmers and you have to "link" the additional switches in order to control the load. You can get the detailed instructions from here: https://www.smarthome.com/manuals/2876db.pdf

Scott
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Oh. I just named my "virtual" devices "no load" so that I would not confuse them with the switch that controlled the load. I never use the HS devices labeled "no load", but I'll try it when I get home.

Scott

Comment

Working...
          X