Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am i doing wrong? (Error compiling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am i doing wrong? (Error compiling)

Hi

When I try to compile the HomeseerBoard1.ino file, I get the following errors:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila, ATmega328"

C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp: In member function 'void EthernetClass::begin(uint8_t*, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress, IPAddress)':
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:65:39: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setIPAddress(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setIPAddress(local_ip._address);
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:65:39: note: candidate is:
    In file included from C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:1:0:
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:392:6: note: void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setIPAddress(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:392:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:66:38: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setGatewayIp(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setGatewayIp(gateway._address);
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:66:38: note: candidate is:
    In file included from C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:1:0:
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:368:6: note: void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setGatewayIp(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:368:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:67:38: error: no matching function for call to 'W5100Class::setSubnetMask(IPAddress::<anonymous union>&)'
    W5100.setSubnetMask(subnet._address);
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\Et hernet.cpp:67:38: note: candidate is:
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:376:6: note: void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t*)
    void W5100Class::setSubnetMask(uint8_t *_addr) {
    ^
    C:\Users\mark.REEFIE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\ut ility/w5100.h:376:6: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from 'IPAddress::<anonymous union>' to 'uint8_t* {aka unsigned char*}'
    Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.

Did you copy the libraries from the zip on the config page to the arduino libraries folder as described in the manual?

Greig
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi Greig

Yes I did, I think that was the problem. I have since deleted the ethernet folder and using the one that comes with the Arduino environment seems to have fixed the issue although it seems to be disconnecting a lot

Comment

Did you set the ethernet settings in the plugin then download the Sketch for the config page and update the board with it as if you change the Ethernet setup you will have to update the board with the sketch.
        If you still have trouble with the board disconnecting then drop me an email with the sketch you are using and a debug log of you connecting to the board and this may help me find the problem.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Yep, I did that. I have noticed that the pin doesn't change status until a disconnect/reconnect either, I'll get a debug log and the sketch in an email to you

Comment

can you ping the board?

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Yes, even when it it disconnected from homeseer

Comment

Working...
              X