Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon API - Native Smart Lock Control/Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon API - Native Smart Lock Control/Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Hello,

With the addition of Smart Lock Control/Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:

-Travis

I posted the same questions about 4 days ago and received no response.

Comment

I would also like to see this. Currently using "tell homeseer to lock the back door" etc, but would be nice to query the status or just tell Alexa to lock the door. I can remember what I need to say but making the family remember whether they have to say "tell homeseer" or not is really not conducive to getting them to use it.

Comment

Same here, I have been anxiously awaiting HS support for this.

Comment

I have this through the skill, but I have a virtual device that is not named door that I invoke to unlock the doors. I live in a very safe area, but I am not sure I would want the ability of someone through a partially open window asking Alexa to unlock the front door. But, I do see the convenience. If Alexa was tied to a particular voice it would be different for me or if it asked for a code. Maybe I am just paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
            I have this through the skill, but I have a virtual device that is not named door that I invoke to unlock the doors. I live in a very safe area, but I am not sure I would want the ability of someone through a partially open window asking Alexa to unlock the front door. But, I do see the convenience. If Alexa was tied to a particular voice it would be different for me or if it asked for a code. Maybe I am just paranoid.
            I don't believe that the API includes any unlock function so it really isn't a security risk. Only locking and lock status....I would still like to see this happen. HS should add all API functions provided by Amazon integration.

-Travis

Comment

I wonder if this feature will be added when API 3.0 for HS3 has been approved?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                I wonder if this feature will be added when API 3.0 for HS3 has been approved?

-Travis
                I am on beta release 402 and with today's skill update I can't see my Yale lock. Not sure why yet.

Comment

Sorry, little bit of a different conversation, what is the difference between the skill and the api when you do not need to say tell homeseer to...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

As of this morning, both locking and the query are working for me using the v3 API!!!

Awesome work guys, thanks!!!!!!

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                    X