Way2Call Lite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Lite?

I have been looking for a Way2Call unit on the web but haven't had much luck. What I am looking to do is take phone off hook, send touchtone codes then put phone back on hook. I was wondering if the Way2Call Lite would be sufficient for doing this. Just have a device that uses touchtones to control it over the phone line. Any comments on this are much appreciated. Also not sure what the difference is between the Way2Call unit and the Lite version? Thanks Much.....Rick

Guessing from reading old posts here on the Homeseer forum it will work fine.

The older Way2Call unit has more features which allow for some direct chit chat scripting where as the Way2Call box lite version doesn't have these features.

Occasionally the older Way2Call boxes show up on Ebay and a few times here have been sold by Homeseer users.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I assume that the way2call lite unit can take phone off hook, send touchtone codes and hang phone up. That is all I need it to do. Would I be correct in saying that these things would require scripting and if so will the scripting work with the way2call lite unit? Thanks again....Rick

Comment

the Lite version lacked the ability to ring phones based on a HomeSeer event action. Otherwise, it was functionally pretty close to the desktop USB version.

We stopped carrying the product when the company stopped responding to our inquiries. The last unit we sold was in Feb 2016. The lite unit used to sell for $199. I see it on the Way2Call site for $349 now.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As Mark mentions it is only the ability to ring phones with the Lite version. No scripting necessary and all built in to the GUI for the basic functions.

I would personally wait to see when a used Way2Call box comes up for sale.

Many Homeseer 2 W2Call users have dropped using copper phone lines and many only utilize cell phones these days or VOIP
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            As Mark mentions it is only the ability to ring phones with the Lite version. No scripting necessary and all built in to the GUI for the basic functions.

I would personally wait to see when a used Way2Call box comes up for sale.

Many Homeseer 2 W2Call users have dropped using copper phone lines and many only utilize cell phones these days or VOIP
            Way2Call units actually work fine with VOIP systems Pete (FYI). Those systems have boxes with POTS interfaces.

Comment

Understood and thank you Mark.

Here utilize a hybrid and my multi-line wireless Panasonic phones for copper, voip and a cellular line. (and W2C boxes).

WAF is high as she likes the full sized hand sets; which today are sort of old fashioned.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

We still have a "land line" that's based on a VOIP Ooma box. However, I've gotten to the point where I wonder about pulling the plug. 95% of the calls we get on the line are tele-marketers now.

Comment

The copper line is better these days because of W2C blocking. Ooma has been traditionally quiet. Locally and on a state level there are efforts to do away with copper as the old leftovers of ma bell do not want to support it anymore. In FL old leftover of ma bell switched over the copper to fiber. In the Midwest lately AT&T has been using the old Comcast cable instead of doing the Uverse fiber box to catXX thing. Not really tethered to the cell phone here and just leave it off in the automobile unless driving some where (well and forward it to house phone).
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    the Lite version lacked the ability to ring phones based on a HomeSeer event action. Otherwise, it was functionally pretty close to the desktop USB version.

We stopped carrying the product when the company stopped responding to our inquiries. The last unit we sold was in Feb 2016. The lite unit used to sell for $199. I see it on the Way2Call site for $349 now.

You mentioned it can't ring the phones but can it do what I need it to do? This being taking the phone line off hoo, sending touchtone codes and then hanging up the phone line don't need to ring phones or make and receive calls. Also would this be supported with homeseer event structure or would a script need to be written?

Is anyone aware of other units that might be available to do what I am looking to accomplish? If anyone has a way2call for sale or I lite version I would be very interested. Are the way2call units available from the way to call site?

Thanks again for your help...Rick

Comment

I have a bunch of units I picked up from a business that stopped using them. Picked up like 10 for the price of 1. Life has gotten busy and never tested them... But happy to send you 1 or two to try. For just the cost of shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss View Post
                        I have a bunch of units I picked up from a business that stopped using them. Picked up like 10 for the price of 1. Life has gotten busy and never tested them... But happy to send you 1 or two to try. For just the cost of shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Hello Raptorsss

I seem to be having some issues with the private messaging system. Wow that is awesome you are willing to send me a couple of units to try out. If you could send me a couple in good shape I can tet them oit and if you need one tested for yourself I will send one back to you. My address so you can figure out shipping charges is:

Rick Bonari
                        3006 Cherry Avenue
                        Bremerton, Washington 98310

I can pay you via PayPal or any other method you would like. Again, Thanks Much....Rick

Comment

Are these units the usb ones that will work with lattest homeseer pro software? Thanks..Rick

Comment

By looking at the picture he provided you can see the USB ports on them so I would say at least a good portion if not all of them appear to be usb. Of course he would have to answer for sure, but I would guess they would all be the same.

Comment

yes, these are USB. They have a port for external power, but I don't have those cords. The one I did install worked fine directly from USB.

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                              Are these units the usb ones that will work with lattest homeseer pro software? Thanks..Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X