Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup Permissions Changed - Can't Access Setup as Admin - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Permissions Changed - Can't Access Setup as Admin - Help!

I wasn't watching what I was doing and accidentally changed access to setup. How do I get back into setup as admin?

Try deleting your users.cfg and the restart HS3 and your user settings will be reset to the default settings.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Try deleting your users.cfg and the restart HS3 and your user settings will be reset to the default settings.
      Thanks Rupp, that worked! I just need to change my admin credentials back to what they were.

Comment

I put this in the wrong thread.

I have another issue here. I have 2 entries for the same thing as users and there is one for admin + local and the other says normal. I tried deleting the normal one but it keeps coming back.

What do I do to get rid of the second one? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          I put this in the wrong thread.

I have another issue here. I have 2 entries for the same thing as users and there is one for admin + local and the other says normal. I tried deleting the normal one but it keeps coming back.

What do I do to get rid of the second one? thanks
          Delete the users.cfg again.

Comment

Delete the users.cfg again.
            I changed it to guest with no access. Seems to be staying that way. Will see. I tried adding another android as a user with a pw and put that info in the space for server 1 in the app but it won't connect. Where I am going wrong there?

How do we limit what people can access. Like for a family member to just turn on/off lights or something like that? thanks

Comment

You need to use your myHomeSeer connection unless you want to get into port forwarding via your router.

Comment

You need to use your myHomeSeer connection unless you want to get into port forwarding via your router.
                Ok, I thought you might say that. What is the server 1,2 3 for? I see people adding a user and pw to the list at top. I am still not sure how to use this and what it is for.

So I take it there is no way to limit what is accessible by other users? thanks

Comment

Not necessarily, if you only want to access it from your local LAN. You can set the server address to the local IP address or the computer name. I have Server1 address set to "hometroller" for example. Then the user name and password should be able to be set to any of the entries defined on the Settings Network tab.

My iPad rarely leaves the premises and has been set this way since a time when MyHS was having difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    Not necessarily, if you only want to access it from your local LAN. You can set the server address to the local IP address or the computer name. I have Server1 address set to "hometroller" for example. Then the user name and password should be able to be set to any of the entries defined on the Settings Network tab.

My iPad rarely leaves the premises and has been set this way since a time when MyHS was having difficulties.
                    So create a user and pw at the top under the network tab and give it say normal rights. Then under server 1 in the app enter the ip of HS computer and user and pw. Leave port the same. Correct or no?

Comment

Comment

Alright that did work. Thanks zwolfpack. Now if we could just get a way to block out certain things for certain clients that would be nice. We wouldn't want grandma looking in on the camera's.

Comment

Working...
                        X