No announcement yet.

BrightSpeech Voices, do you want them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to have the Brightspeech male and female, but for only two voices $49 is a little more then I would pay given the quality still has a little ways to go.

Comment

Jruby,
      These voics would be $49 each.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If anyone is interested in comparing voices, here is a site that has various samples from 16 different companies that provide TTS engines:

http://www.tmaa.com/tts/companies.htm

Click above, chose the company and then listen to the samples

Comment

Amazing Voice!

Thats a really great chart comparing so many different voices!

WoW! The Rhetorical Systems voices are amazing! The female voice definately sounds the best IMO. John (Great name BTW jus tisnt quite as good... This is right up there with the quality of BrightSpeeches Heather.

If you go to their website at http://www.tmaa.com/tts/ There is a British version as well. Listening to the UK demo, the male voice sounds better in this case than the female voice.

So many great sounding voices, and not too much we can do about obtaining them as most are not for sale to "end users".
          Last edited by johnwpb; November 14, 2004, 03:32 PM.
          Visit My Home Seer Site at:
          www.JohnWPB.com
          Created with LCARS

Comment

Hi Johnwpb,

Those English, as oposed to US English, voices at http://www.tmaa.com/tts/ are amazingly good. But the question still remains, which speach engine to use?
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Rich... How about some sort of update?

Thanks!

Comment

Can't find it.

Originally posted by Skibum
                Gogs

As is stated on one of the Brightspeech threads, there is a free 30 day trial of the voices available from www.brightspeech.com . Why not download them and evaluate for yourself. I think that you can see by the results of the poll what most of us think.
                Skibum, this link seems to be dead. And going to Babel's site doesn't provide much that I can find other than a web demo like their translation service.

Is there a place to download a trial version?

Regards
                -Michael
                Last edited by mmn; November 17, 2004, 08:34 AM. Reason: Wrong name
                Regards,
                Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Trail link

Originally posted by Fuddy
                  Skibum, this link seems to be dead. And going to Babel's site doesn't provide much that I can find other than a web demo like their translation service.

Is there a place to download a trial version?

Regards
                  -Michael
                  Here is a link to download the 30 day trail:
                  http://www.babeltech.be/Demos.php?s=48&m=3&f=97

Comment

I am hoping that Rich will comment here on any possibility of still getting these voices.

Any updates, Rich?

Comment

I just loaded this thread so I could ask the same question, I really don't want to throw Heather out
                      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                      (aka xplosiv)
                      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Did you hear that last pin drop, E?

Where's the Beef?

Comment

Yep! That's all she wrote!
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just received a note from Rich

All hope is NOT lost. He is still in discussion with Brightspeech, as recently as this week.

Comment

The one thing that I've learned about Rich and HST is that they won't give you indeterminate information. If it's a No it's a No. If a Yes it's a Yes. If they are working on it then they generally don't say much. So being that he's been silent for a while I was assuming that things were still in the works.

I'm still hopeful that they can get something worked out with BrightSpeech.

Comment

I too will stay with ATT

If it isn't broke, I try not to fix it.

I use both Crystal and Mike. Crystal sounds better for JEANNIE while I use Mike for voice announcements on the radio systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X