Fujitsu P510 motherboard memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu P510 motherboard memory

I posted this over on I-Appliance, but I know that there are a bunch of 510 users here too, so I thought I'd run it up the flagpole.

Anybody "upgrade" their 510 motherboard memory to 16MB (allowing for a max of 64MB)? I know that PositiveSale offers this as a service, but I'd like to do it myself. I have the memory and equipment and am not afraid of SMT soldering.

I've populated the 4 open RAM locations with memory. Is there something else that needs to be done? (Sure hope so, `cause the 510 isn't seeing the additional memory... or any RAM in the expansion slots)

Hi there,

Because the tablets are so inexpensive it would be hard for someone to send the tablet in to us to get upgraded with this memory trick, so I've decided it's really not worth it to pursue that but I'd be happy to help you upgrade your tablet if you are accurate with your soldering gun and want to do this. I have chips that you could plant right in there. There are three that you would need to solder right under the memory cover and one other elsewhere in the tablet.

If you are interested in trying this memoryhack out let me know..also a special dental-like pick would be handy and delsoldering wick which I use for precise, tricky, up-close soldering.

Comment

What about video memory? could it be upgraded?

Comment

Soldering is certainly not the problem! As a hobby I put 0603 LED's in Nokia phones.... now that takes some talent!

I completely populated the 4 memory locations on one of my 510's..... only to realize that I used 5V DRAM in lieu of the "correct" 3.3V stuff. Talk about feeling silly! Sooooo, I removed the 5V stuff and the unit is back to normal operation.

I'll get in touch with you when I plan on attacking this again.

Comment

I've seen those memory mounts. Is it just chips, or are there any small descrete components (caps etc)?

Thanks!

HomeSeer Page: http://wrb.tzo.com (Guest access closed until HS 1.7)
          Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
          512 MB RAM PC2700
          2 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
          Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
          ATTNV Crystal 16
          Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
          mcs Temperature (Works great!)
          mcs Guardian Angel Version 1.2 (Works great!)
          ROC Outlook (Works great!)
          Video / Captures with ConquerCam (Separate Computer)
          NetCallerID

~Bill

Comment

Help upgrading tablet memory

Hello psale, many years have past since your post, but if you are still there I would be interested in your support in ugrading the tablet's memory to achieve full 64MB.

Originally posted by psale View Post
            Hi there,

Because the tablets are so inexpensive it would be hard for someone to send the tablet in to us to get upgraded with this memory trick, so I've decided it's really not worth it to pursue that but I'd be happy to help you upgrade your tablet if you are accurate with your soldering gun and want to do this. I have chips that you could plant right in there. There are three that you would need to solder right under the memory cover and one other elsewhere in the tablet.

If you are interested in trying this memoryhack out let me know..also a special dental-like pick would be handy and delsoldering wick which I use for precise, tricky, up-close soldering.

Comment

Working...
            X