Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem responding to DSC motion sensors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My home contains a number of DSC motion sensors. These devices toggle on during motion, and immediately turn off when motion ceases. In HS2, I simply associated them to a virtual device, and when the DSC motion indicated motion, the virtual device would turn on, which would turn on the associated active zone, which I used to trigger my Occupied / Vacant events. All worked well HS2.

Since upgrading to HS3, the DSC motion sensor is no longer being detected by BLRadar. I have it setup as a motion sensor, associated with a virtual device, and associated with an Active Zone. I have some X10 Hawkeye motion sensors, that work perfectly well, but when my DSC motion sensors indicate motion, they just don't seem to be recognized by BLRadar.

What's even more interesting is that I can trigger an event by the DSC motion sensor changing status from Restored (no motion) to Open (motion), so I know that it is registering motion.

This worked fine in HS2, but seems to be having a problem in HS3. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by grp View Post
    My home contains a number of DSC motion sensors. These devices toggle on during motion, and immediately turn off when motion ceases. In HS2, I simply associated them to a virtual device, and when the DSC motion indicated motion, the virtual device would turn on, which would turn on the associated active zone, which I used to trigger my Occupied / Vacant events. All worked well HS2.

Since upgrading to HS3, the DSC motion sensor is no longer being detected by BLRadar. I have it setup as a motion sensor, associated with a virtual device, and associated with an Active Zone. I have some X10 Hawkeye motion sensors, that work perfectly well, but when my DSC motion sensors indicate motion, they just don't seem to be recognized by BLRadar.

What's even more interesting is that I can trigger an event by the DSC motion sensor changing status from Restored (no motion) to Open (motion), so I know that it is registering motion.

This worked fine in HS2, but seems to be having a problem in HS3. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    My DSC PIRs work fine with BLRadar, but I had to set them to be value triggered based on the devices created by the DSC plug-in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1192396

I use Spud's Envisalink plug-in.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

Thanks for your solution to my problem. Your suggestion to Trigger on Value worked great, although with the DSC plugin, the Motion State is represented a value of 609, and the No Motion State is represented by 610. I had to go into the advanced properties to get these values.

Once I toggled on the Value Triggered, and put in 609 for the On Value and 610 for the Off Value, it works like a charm!!! I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!!

Comment

Working...
      X