connection Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection Issue

i Tried what you suggested still no luck?

could it b a memory issue?, this omni system has a lot of switches, buttons, zones. could that be an issue?

Originally posted by amarch View Post
    i Tried what you suggested still no luck?

could it b a memory issue?, this omni system has a lot of switches, buttons, zones. could that be an issue?
    In the other thread, the logs say it took roughly 3 mins to fully download all the panel info, but that is not out of the ordinary.

If the plugin is disconnecting, it could be network-related.
    Is your panel plugged into a managed switch?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I Tried moving it to different switches and even tried a router and still the same results

is there anyway we can talk?

Comment

Connection Issue

is it possible that it takes 24hrs to retrieve the config from the controller?

that's a big problem. it finally connected after 24hrs

Comment

No, it shouldnt take that long at all. Your 3min connection time was about the longest I have ever seen.

Tell me about your setup - are you using expansion panels? How many Areas/Zones/Units/Flags/Buttons, etc.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

1 Area
            20 Zones
            98 Units
            14 Buttons
            2 thermostats

I tried on a smaller system and it connected no problem

Comment

Don't know if this helps. I have a similarly large Onmi config.

I have the following and no connection issues. I'm running HS3 in a VM running Windows 10. Running 3.0.2.4 of plugin
              1 Area
              24 Zones
              98 Units
              28 Buttons
              3 thermostats

Takes me almost 5 minutes to start:
              May-22 10:48:12 AM OMNI ---------------------------
              May-22 10:48:12 AM OMNI Plugin startup is complete.
              May-22 10:48:12 AM OMNI ---------------------------
              May-22 10:48:12 AM OMNI Synchronization complete.
              May-22 10:44:21 AM OMNI Synchronizing OMNI devices with HomeSeer...
              May-22 10:44:21 AM OMNI Requesting initial system troubles
              May-22 10:44:15 AM OMNI Requesting Output status...
              May-22 10:44:14 AM OMNI Requesting Area status...
              May-22 10:44:14 AM OMNI All configuration and properties retrieved.
              May-22 10:44:13 AM OMNI -->Reading properties...
              May-22 10:43:27 AM OMNI -->Reading configuration...

Comment

ok so your using a PC, I'm using this Home Seer Zee S2 which is a raspberry pie.

I'm wondering if this unit is the problem?

my issue with the connection, is that it restarts itself after completing its configuration.

Comment

Could be an OS-specific issue, Linux vs. Windows. I moved to Linux, but had functionality issues specific to HS Touch. The Omni plugin (was HAI plugin at that time) worked fine on Linux as far as I could tell.

Would be an interesting data point to know the Omni Config size and plugin start time of Omni users with Linux on a PC and Linux on a Zee.

I'm on an older version of the plugin too. With all of the issues people have been reporting I have been afraid to upgrade.

Comment

I ran home seer on my pc with the Omni plug-in and it connected first time with no issues. so there is definitely an issue with the raspberry pie and large configurations.

the question now is what is the issue with the zee s2 processor power or storage space?

is there anyway to figure this out?

Comment

There are known Omni network hardware issues which have been documented over the years.

Really though this relates to an early network transport communicating with the serial bus on the Omni Panel. It happens with an abundance of network devices on your home network and it is not related to the number of pieces of hardware or devices or automation lines used on the OmniPanel.

The fix is to install a router between the network port on the Omni Panel and the rest of your network. Initially here tested it with a Linksys WRT-54G with DD-WRT router. Later implemented a custom OS OpenWRT micro router which today is mounted inside of my Omni Pro media can.

The router "fix" has been done by a couple (or more) Homeseer Omni Plugin users which did have network issues and I believe today do not have any network issues.

Try it yourself.

To check on Utilization of an Homeseer Plugins in Linux just install and use HTop. You can break the view to seeing Homeseer console and each plugin autonomously.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X