X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I cannot duplicate it here
    Make sure you are running 1.0.20 and try this script and let me know what it does:

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal param As Object)
        hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetMessage", New Object(){1, "A", "Test 1"})
        hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetMessage", New Object(){1, "B", "Test 2"})
        hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetMessage", New Object(){1, "C", "Test 3"})
        hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetSequence", New Object(){1, "ABC"})
    End Sub
    When I run this script the sig only displays test 3 not test 1 or 2

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

here is what is shown in the log

Jun-12 8:07:03 PM BLLED debug Message sent to sign #1 --- Set Text --- [NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][SOH]Z00[STX]AC[ESC] oTest 3[EOT]
      Jun-12 8:07:02 PM BLLED debug Message sent to sign #1 --- Set Text --- [NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][SOH]Z00[STX]AB[ESC] oTest 2[EOT]
      Jun-12 8:07:02 PM BLLED debug Message sent to sign #1 --- Set Text --- [NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][SOH]Z00[STX]AA[ESC] oTest 1[EOT]
      Jun-12 8:07:02 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/blledtest.vb
      Jun-12 8:07:02 PM Event Event Trigger "beta brite New Event"
      Jun-12 8:07:02 PM Event Event beta brite New Event triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Are you running 1.0.20?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Are you running 1.0.20?
          yes I am according to the plug in management screen

Comment

It works here. I cannot reproduce it.
            Cannot think of any reason why it would not be working
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

It works here. I cannot reproduce it.
              Cannot think of any reason why it would not be working

Ill keep playing with it I tried to run the plug in remotely and it will only let either the one on the HS machine connect or the remote one not both can you look into this. I think somehow HS needs to know what instance it is connecting to. I know on the few plugins that I have that run remotely all of the remote ones create their own INI files for the plugins the ones that I am running are all by Spud, maybe he would have some input into making it work

Cheers Ken

Comment

GOt it all working good now. Had to do a Hard reset to the signs and reboot HS and all is running good now.

Thanks For the help Blade

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                  Ill keep playing with it I tried to run the plug in remotely and it will only let either the one on the HS machine connect or the remote one not both can you look into this. I think somehow HS needs to know what instance it is connecting to. I know on the few plugins that I have that run remotely all of the remote ones create their own INI files for the plugins the ones that I am running are all by Spud, maybe he would have some input into making it work

Cheers Ken
                  From what you said it seems like the problem is more related to multiple instances rather than remote instance.
                  The only input I can give is to make sure that SupportsMultipleInstances() return true, and that the instance name is used to differentiate between all running instances.

Comment

SupportsMultipleInstances should be true in the plugin

I am pretty sure this will run the plugin with a new instance:

Code:
                    HSPI_BLLED.exe server=[ip address of your main HS3 machine] instance=[instance name]
                    For example, if your main HS3 machine ip address was 192.168.1.50

Code:
                    HSPI_BLLED.exe server=192.168.1.50 instance=office
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Ill give it a try when I get home and let you know how it goes

Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Got mine today and have it working. (Thanks, Bob)

Is there I way to set how long each message is displayed before it transitions?

Comment

I have posted 1.0.21 to the HS3 updater

- I believe SetString is now fixed. You can use this populate a string on the sign and then substitute that string into a text message. This will not flash the display. See the help page for how you use this in a text message
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

In case people were confused...

Enabling multi-instance support will allow you to create instances from the Interfaces page, so it is not necessary to manually run additional instances from the command line. Instances that you create at the interfaces page will be started automatically when HomeSeer starts.

If there is no desire to allow the serial port for the display to be on another computer, then multi-instance is not required as the ability to add more signs/displays could be done in the plug-in. The multi-instance support should however allow you to connect your display to a computer OTHER than your HomeSeer system, but still have HomeSeer and the plug-in communicate.
                            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I believe SetString is now fixed. You can use this populate a string on the sign and then substitute that string into a text message. This will not flash the display. See the help page for how you use this in a text message
                              Hi Bob,

I see how to set the string, but don't see how to use the string in a message. Can you clarify?

Thanks
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

String label can be 1-9 or A-Z

Here is an example:

This will set the string value for A to "80 F"

Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", New Object(){1, "1", "80 F"})
                                You can then use that string value in one of your text labels like this:

Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetMessage", New Object(){1, "A", "Temp is {callstring=1}"})
                                Try that and let me know
                                Last edited by Blade; June 16, 2014, 08:22 AM.
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X