This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    As I don't have/use Homekit nor the Skaro AutomationBridge I'll need to get some information from you to ensure operability. But if the devices are presented on vera and you can click the device and advanced properties and there's an ID, Parent ID (if needed) a Category and/or SubCategory of the device then I can make it work.
    I would suggest it's just basic info such as ID, device type, etc but I've reached out to Tony (the developer) and will let you know what he confirms.

Comment

I will gladly test.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
        I would suggest it's just basic info such as ID, device type, etc but I've reached out to Tony (the developer) and will let you know what he confirms.
        I took a look at the Skaro product last night. It looks like it does what my PI is going to do. It integrates Vera into it's ecosystem to use the devices.

This PI will be for similar use of pulling Vera devices into HS3 for use within HS3.

Comment

I'm really looking for a Plug In that allows use of Vera Apps such as PLEG to control HS.
          Now that is a Plug In that I would gladly pay for as there are so many Vera Applications that are all free and are all sooooo useful.
          If this Plug In can do this (I'm not interested in using Vera for the radio, but understand that there are many who do) then you will have a priceless Plug In.
          Circle me in as a Alpha tester.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
            I'm really looking for a Plug In that allows use of Vera Apps such as PLEG to control HS.
            Now that is a Plug In that I would gladly pay for as there are so many Vera Applications that are all free and are all sooooo useful.
            If this Plug In can do this (I'm not interested in using Vera for the radio, but understand that there are many who do) then you will have a priceless Plug In.
            Circle me in as a Alpha tester.
            Yeah you are wanting the reverse. Pull HS devices into Vera so PLEG could then see/use those devices.

That is possible but Vera would fall over and burn trying to handle the load. For a very small number of devices it might work.

I would still like to rekindle the PLEG vs Events and see if EasyTrigger could get involved to bridge the gap.

Comment

Ideally A PLEG Equivalent would be ideal and I can junk Vera.

Comment

Would be great if your plugin could support multiple Veras
                (I actually use three at the moment plus HS)

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotatoe View Post
                  Would be great if your plugin could support multiple Veras
                  (I actually use three at the moment plus HS)
                  3 huh? Ok give me some details.

Individual units or Bridged?

Comment

None are currently bridged, but I am thinking about changing that. I also run one US and one UK ZWave system but that might cease soon.
                    One is still on UI5 and the other two current. One UI7 unit has a plugin that loads a ton of lighting devices but eats memory and cpu so I keep that separate and then my other is the main controller.
                    Pulling them all into HS is kinda attractive and so I just wondered if you might be able to support multiple Veras ?

Comment

Oh bummer, it works the other way around... Vera into HomeSeer, no HomeSeer into Vera? That won't solve my dilemma then.

Comment

None are currently bridged, but I am thinking about changing that. I also run one US and one UK ZWave system but that might cease soon.
                        One is still on UI5 and the other two current. One UI7 unit has a plugin that loads a ton of lighting devices but eats memory and cpu so I keep that separate and then my other is the main controller.
                        Pulling them all into HS is kinda attractive and so I just wondered if you might be able to support multiple Veras ?
                        And here I thought I was almost done with core functionality

Multiple Vera's was on my list and now it's moved to the TOP of the list. I'm literally starting to work on that now.

Comment

Probably a long stretch, but is there any way this could work over different networks?

I have a second Vera at my holiday home (vacation home to you folk) that I unfortunately purchased right before my first Vera revealed it true evil colours (colors ).

If I migrate my primary home to HomeSeer would be nice to also merge into it the devices at my secondary home.

Comment

Probably a long stretch, but is there any way this could work over different networks?

I have a second Vera at my holiday home (vacation home to you folk) that I unfortunately purchased right before my first Vera revealed it true evil colours (colors ).

If I migrate my primary home to HomeSeer would be nice to also merge into it the devices at my secondary home.
                            I think this is possible. Added to my list.

Comment

Are they all on the same network? With having a UI5 and UI7 the remote access is completely different. I don't have a UI5 box to test so things may not work with it but worth a try. If the boxes are bridged then only the "Master" should be added as it will pull in devices from the slave units and then only the master should be presented to HS.

Comment

What version are you Vera boxes? If UI7 I'm looking into it. If lower than UI7 I'm not sure I'll be adding remote support for versions that old.

Comment

Working...
                                X