!!! JUNK !!! (***SOLVED***)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!! JUNK !!! (***SOLVED***)

Great support !!!!!! Can't even get replies to Bug reports.. Don't by they (Homeseer) don't support it !!! Waste of money.. Bad program .. I know started with HS1.X .. They just take your money and you get stuck with junk.. There's to many much better HA programs even free one are supported better than HS3 !!!!!

Sorry you feel that way. I am very happy with HomeSeer software and their support has been prompt and available when I needed it.

Unfortunately there remain a few longstanding bugs, but they are minor. Any major bugs seem to be handled as soon as they can be identified and are repeatable.

I think copying and pasting the text of this post to 3 others is a little over the top.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Lol some things are complicated and require investment in your mental aptitude. You cant just jump into an aircraft cockpit and fly. You cant just buy something this powerful and think magically you'll be able to operate it right off the bat. In your defense, I've been in communications for a very long time, and it challenged me at certain points. To someone with a lot less experience, I can see how this post gets regurgitated every now and again. I dare say smartthings is your friend, but I found smartthings no easier when push came to shove with a new device type. So, to the Valiant go the rewards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Sorry you feel that way. I am very happy with HomeSeer software and their support has been prompt and available when I needed it.

Unfortunately there remain a few longstanding bugs, but they are minor. Any major bugs seem to be handled as soon as they can be identified and are repeatable.

I think copying and pasting the text of this post to 3 others is a little over the top.
        Randy I agree with your statements. I have seen this same post in multiple discussion forums.
        Billy

Comment

He threw a Tantrum. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFMPhKIZXg

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, there are plenty of people on this forum that would be glad to try and help you.
            Don

Comment

Pull the plug a couple of times see how the HS db holds up !! The db crashing is a major issue....

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                Pull the plug a couple of times see how the HS db holds up !! The db crashing is a major issue....
                Put it on a UPS and have the system auto shutdown. The way all critical systems with live DB's operate. When UPS kicks in the server shuts down.

What you are complaining about isn't specific to HS. This is a common known issue with ANY system with live/open files. Kinda why modern systems have a "shutdown" process.

Comment

Been working with HS3 for over 3 years and 7 out of 10 times the DB is corrupted after a power failure !!! My HS 2 system has been running for years on a computer that reboots randomly several times a year it's been doing this since a few weeks after I upgraded to hs2 and the DB has never corrupted {If you followed the whole issue before commenting , you would know it's not my 1st rodeo !!! I think 3+ plus years is enough of an investment ,,, so don't even go there about being patient.... For your info I started with HS1.xx and I've been doing HA for over 30 years !! I have Smartthings also and the only issue I have with it is it doesn't have a great UI !!!

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                  Lol some things are complicated and require investment in your mental aptitude. You cant just jump into an aircraft cockpit and fly. You cant just buy something this powerful and think magically you'll be able to operate it right off the bat. In your defense, I've been in communications for a very long time, and it challenged me at certain points. To someone with a lot less experience, I can see how this post gets regurgitated every now and again. I dare say smartthings is your friend, but I found smartthings no easier when push came to shove with a new device type. So, to the Valiant go the rewards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

See above ,, I've over the years have used many HA systems including HS1.xx and HS2.XX and never have I had a system the couldn't survive a power failure.. What put in methods for power failure recovery if the HA system can't recover ??????? I had an UPS on my HS1.xx system issues themselves Batteries are only good a couple of years and as I stated working HA systems shouldn't require a UPS they recover from power failures without issues...

And this statement "This is a common known issue with ANY system with live/open files." is incorrect having worked with many dbs that recover fine (Even hear of Novell ??? never had UPS,, installed many systems and never had an issue !!).. If one or to lines got corrupted not an issue yet the whole DB becomes corrupted and unusable that says something is wrong with the BD locking system.. The "live / open" file system is not the way a well built BD should work with the exception for the data being worked on should be the only unlocked item in the BD.. Live file systems usually work on a copy of the DB so if something goes wrong only the copy gets corrupted... Been working with BDs since DB2 can you say that ???? Small note when I 1st told the people at homeseer about the DB issues when I 1st started with HS3 shortly after coming out ,, I was told the issue must be with my PC because HS2 doesn't show the same issue , at that time I built this system which uses none of the same hardware or software right down to power cables network hub , router ,, etc and the issue still exists.. I would love to troubleshoot it for Homeseer be I should have to troubleshoot a program that costs $200+ and if I'm troubleshooting it it's not being used.. The sad thing is over the years I have had friends that have used other HA systems like Motorola's HA software {Bet you didn't know Motorola at one time did HA today it's free and there's still a group the keeps it updated..) they think I'm crazy for putting up if these issue especially were HS2 has and is still up and running for so many years without issue..

Small note having worked on several mainframes over the years do you know how big a UPS would have to be for an IBM 3600 or AS400.. I've been to the real time tax data center in Las Vegas they have the biggest upss I've ever seen and there only used to keep the systems up until the 3 jet engine generators spin up.. The day I was there they were test running one of the generators that's why I got to see them.. I also at one time did some non computer work at a huge data center and they had the biggest diesel generators I've even seen,, the maintenance guy of them told me they were repurposed ship diesels they also had big upss several to do hold up once again until the generators were up to speed.. I did sometime at my local US Navy shipyard and we put upss on all the nuclear group computers not so much for hold up because the shipyard generated power all the time as well having power from the local power company ,, we put the upss in mostly to clean up the on base generated power because the power system was so old an noisy ,, so I know about backup power..

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    Put it on a UPS and have the system auto shutdown. The way all critical systems with live DB's operate. When UPS kicks in the server shuts down.

What you are complaining about isn't specific to HS. This is a common known issue with ANY system with live/open files. Kinda why modern systems have a "shutdown" process.
                    Last edited by dem5867; June 6, 2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                      Well, for what it's worth, there are plenty of people on this forum that would be glad to try and help you.
                      Over the years of HS I've had many of the 3rd party developers solve problems without issue,, the issue is the times it's been an Homeseer issue , instead of looking into the issue the 1st thing they say is nobody else is having the issue , yet look up the on and off updater issue and you will find that over the years the has been many people to complain about it.. I would love for somebody on this forum that could fix the ongoing BD issue yet most state unknowingly "HA systems are not supposed to recover after a power failure ,, if this is true how come since day one of HS the setup has had the section the is titled "Power Failure Recovery Settings" ?? So nobody who knows anything about HA will tell you a HA system that don't recover is useless,, it's like having a freezer that don't restart after a power failure !! Ask the people that use homeseer at a remote location like a vacation home hundreds of miles away about there HA,, which some people use to monitor there security system about recovery ?? I wish somebody would come up with a work around for the DB issue , besides losing the data since the last backup , if you haven't had the pleasure of having to restore your system after a DB crash you don't know what a issue it is to restore it.. I can live with the disappearing devices (Mostly IFTTT devices, The work around for that issue is to restart after adding devices and that don't always work..) Them there's the extra devices that running the one of the Z wave utilities add or the HSZIGBEE (Lightify plugin as it should really be named) that doesn't have a control for the tunable white of the Color / White Lightify bulb or that if the hszigbee plugin tuned on that same bulb randomly turns on.. I purchased a ConBee on the suggestion of a forum user which just can in a couple of days ago which I'm most likely not going to install , I've been i touch with the people at Homeseer which (No names they know who they are..) told me "They only heard of the DB corrupting rarely " and next sentence told me they had a system that that's been running for years and has never had a database problem after I had clearly told them it only happens during a power failure.. They also told me that I'm the only one that has complained about a DB issue , yet when I looked thru the bugzilla I saw several people that complained about the same issue only to have HS close it saying it was fixed without a return comment from the person that put the bugzilla in or as in my case HS locked it so others can't see it how many times have they locked other people complaints ???? I looked for a way that I could put in the problem ticket yet was only able to find the bugzilla reporting system (Last time I checked Bugzilla is supposed a bug reporting system..) after several back and fourths I got asked to send a email to a email so somebody at HS could transfer the info in the email to a ticket , what's the change the the info will get transferred in the same way I wrote the email ???? Believe me it bums me out more than anybody that I been working on a system for 3 years that isn't even close to be HS2 system because of on going issues that "Are issues with my system only ,, yet as I stated I went thru the bugzilla and found several people complaining about the same issues I'm complaining about , shreaching this forum you will find that over the years there has been others that have complained about DB issues and not always after power failures.. Thanks for the offer that somebody on the forum will be glad to help yet I can't even get an answer to how you can tell what version of firmware one is downloading to upgrade the Z wave smart stick or why some z wave devices have a reset button for tamper switch reset and others don't (Work around write script to perform tamper reset on the devices that don't have a reset button..) Minor bugs with workarounds I can live with, although one shouldn't have to.. Major bugs like the DB crashing only to be told nobody else has he issue I can not..

Comment

In closing instead of telling me that nobody else is seeing a power failure issue and they have a system that's been running for years ,, what they should have said is I'll set a system to turn off the system that's been running for years off and on for a couple of days and see if I can reproduce the problem,, it requires no manpower and after a couple of days if the DB doesn't corrupt them you come back to me and tell me that the DB didn't corrupt I would be a little happier than one saying nobody else is having the issue .. When I go to a customer's site to repair a high end mass spec. I don't tell the customer nobody else has the issue ,, I ask them to recreate the issue, one can't not fix an issue if one don't see the issue 1st. hand !! Ya I'm pissed ,, I think you would be to if you been having an issue for 3+ years and when you complain about it instead of being told that it will be looked into , your told nobody else has the issue.. My customers don't care if nobody else has the issue all they care about is that they have a multi thousand dollar piece of equipment that their having an issue.. If I said to one of my customers nobody else has the issue my boss would walk me (Fire..) !! just for fun do a google on this statement "homeseer database corruption issues" I'm not the only one having an issue with the BD for those who think I'm just being a cry baby.. Here's another google to try "homeseer updater issues" so nobody has the right to say those are not major issues or that I'm the only one having the issues !!! I hope none of you have the BD crash after months of programing,, just think not only do you lose all your devices (Some 3rd party programmers are putting the devices in there INI file instead of the HSDB wonder why ??) , you lose everything events , timers , installed plugins , direct events ,, get the picture , luckily for me I use Jon00 config backup plugin and BLBackup , yet if it happens to you , you'll find even with these great plugins the recovery process is not easy.. So unless it's happened to you ,,,, you have no right to say I'm being a jerk !! My question for you is how long have you been using homeseer if you been using it less than a year you shouldn't comment because you have no idea how major the issue is !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that's just the DB how about the off and on updater issues... I'm betting that without even trying I can come up with at least 12 issues with HS3 and I'd be hard pressed to use more than one hand to count the issues the HS2 had after just a few years .....

Comment

Well I like it... very easy to use for someone like me.
                          A guy at work uses OpenHAB and loves it and another guy I just found out uses home-assistant and he loves it.

interesting I talked to two work colleagues today at different times...

I asked both of them if they ever heard of Homeseer and they both said... Yes I have... so I asked them both why they chose what they did..

they both said... Its Free....

so then I said.. Ok lets say you could have it for free or paid for... would you use HS? they both said.. Nope...

so I asked why and they both said the phone interface is the worst they have ever seen.

one of them said that their parents couldn't operate it with that many clicks, modifications, etc... (this was the home-assistant user)...

so with that out of the way... I can agree with them; however, I have enough automated where you don't really need to use the interface so it isn't a bother.

heck, right now I can walk into a room and say.. hey google, turn off kitchen lights.. and BAM...done...

for me I can jump through the stock android template and its fine for me. I don't use cameras, locks, weather or events.. I only use lighting & devices, climate and energy...

to me this has been the best to date...
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                            Well I like it... very easy to use for someone like me.
                            A guy at work uses OpenHAB and loves it and another guy I just found out uses home-assistant and he loves it.

interesting I talked to two work colleagues today at different times...

I asked both of them if they ever heard of Homeseer and they both said... Yes I have... so I asked them both why they chose what they did..

they both said... Its Free....

so then I said.. Ok lets say you could have it for free or paid for... would you use HS? they both said.. Nope...

so I asked why and they both said the phone interface is the worst they have ever seen.

one of them said that their parents couldn't operate it with that many clicks, modifications, etc... (this was the home-assistant user)...

so with that out of the way... I can agree with them; however, I have enough automated where you don't really need to use the interface so it isn't a bother.

heck, right now I can walk into a room and say.. hey google, turn off kitchen lights.. and BAM...done...

for me I can jump through the stock android template and its fine for me. I don't use cameras, locks, weather or events.. I only use lighting & devices, climate and energy...

to me this has been the best to date...
                            I actually find this funny and interesting having used both Home Assistant and OpenHAB.

Funny the Home Assistant guy says his parents can't use HS because of too many clicks. Well I really doubt his parents know YAML and can edit all of the configuration files to do anything. Everything is YAML based direct code editing. The Web interface is pretty but only for control currently. I like HA and still have a system running. However it is not a "production" stable system and I know that.

As for the phone interface, I agree. It's horrible. But if you use HSBuddy instead then it's great! HomeSeer should just buy HSBuddy and the mobile app and then they would have a great mobile solution.

Comment

I do agree that the default HSTouch interface is a &*&$&*@#. I uses it as little as possible. Heck, the Alexa app is easier to use than the default HSTouch.

I really wish that the developer of HomeWave would do a version for homeseer but he's a Vera user currently. Some ex-Vera users have tried to get him to jump ship.
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
                              X