No announcement yet.

Does this work on zee s2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my trying to run airplay speak on the command line, got a bit more in depth error, something about avahi-sharp not being found:

homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:/usr/local/HomeSeer $ mono HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.exe
    Plugin: AirplaySpeak Instance: starting...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    Dec-04 10:59:26 INFO AirplaySpeak version 3.0.0.10
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'avahi-sharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4d116c78973743f5'
    at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () <0x7387b3d0 + 0x0073f> in <filename unknown>:0
    Dec-04 10:59:26 ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running.

Comment

avahi-sharp is the library that is supposed to be installed when you install libavahi-cil-dev

Comment

I removed mono-runtime, and tried to install the library package and it completed successfully. Still getting an error relating to avahi-sharp file not being found.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          avahi-sharp is the library that is supposed to be installed when you install libavahi-cil-dev
          We are running into wild territory here lol. The damn thing installed and still complaining about avahi-sharp

Comment

I moved avahi-sharp dll into the homeseer directory (found it here /usr/lib/cli/avahi-sharp-1.0/avahi-sharp.dll), and now I'm getting a dll not found exception avahi-common:

Plugin: AirplaySpeak Instance: starting...
            Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
            Connection attempt #1
            Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
            Dec-04 12:08:24 INFO AirplaySpeak version 3.0.0.10
            System.DllNotFoundException: avahi-common
            at (wrapper managed-to-native) Avahi.Client:avahi_simple_poll_new ()
            at Avahi.Client..ctor (Avahi.ClientFlags flags) <0x7387c8a0 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Avahi.Client..ctor () <0x7387c810 + 0x00017> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Avahi.ZeroconfProvider.Initialize () <0x7387c780 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () <0x7387b150 + 0x0073f> in <filename unknown>:0
            Dec-04 12:08:24 ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running.
            at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () <0x7387b150 + 0x008b8> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () <0x7387b0b0 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () <0x7387b048 + 0x0002f> in <filename unknown>:0
            at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () <0x7387aec8 + 0x00013> in <filename unknown>:0
            at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerDiscoverer.Start () <0x7387ac70 + 0x00023> in <filename unknown>:0

Comment

OK, I copied the entire directory of /usr/lib/cli/avahi-sharp-1.0/ to the HomeSeer directory, and now it works!

There was a avahi-sharp.dll.config and avahi-sharp.dll.mdb file in there as well. Must have only copied a linker or something.

Anywhoo, we did it! So now what, leave it like that or does your plugin need updating to include the avahi-sharp directory?

I must be beta testing the zee s2 eh?

Cheers

Comment

I tested it successfully over shairport to my laptop using Speak Something. Sweet plugin!

Comment

I'm glad you got it to work.

I did tested it successfully on a Zee 2 without having to copy avahi-sharp directory, so not sure what's different on your system.

Comment

Yeah, crazy eh? Must have had something to do with me removing mono runtime to install the cli library. Well its working as is, I'll just leave it. Got .11 installed so I can load sound files.

Thanks for being there for me

Comment

Was looking at your imperihome plugin too. I'll try that out next. The HSTouch has got some quirks.

Comment

FYI, version 3.0.0.12 now automatically install the needed avahi-sharp.dll, and I have updated the Linux installation guide

Comment

Awesome. Well I finally registered and upgraded the plug-in to .12, and ripped open my jbl airplay speakers (been in a box for about 5 months!). Everything still worked just as last time but on actual speakers! With the announcements to the speakers it's nice for my wife to know what the hell is actually happening. Is the 44100 limitation due to airplay protocol? Converting things to 44100 and finding a good site to make text to audio wave files was the only time consuming thing about it. This is an insanely useful plugin I'm really glad you made it. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X