Using MSSQL or SYSLOG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using MSSQL or SYSLOG

I must be missing something, there is no way for me to select a database? Internal or external? It must use its own?

My ultimate goal is to get the log data into a splunk/syslog server (external)

But i do have a MSSQLEXPRESS server (External) that i can also use (Splunk can pull data from MSSQL)

Thank you, any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.
    ~Tom

Current Date/Time: 11/3/2016 9:21:50 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 12 Hours 41 Minutes 45 Seconds
    IP Address: 172.17.17.40
    Number of Devices: 123
    Number of Events: 49
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    1.0.16302.334: MyQ
    3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
    3.0.6055.22061: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.93: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Comment

The plug-in currently acts as a syslog receiver. Forwarding of HomeSeer logs via syslog is currently being worked on.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        The plug-in currently acts as a syslog receiver. Forwarding of HomeSeer logs via syslog is currently being worked on.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Thanks ultrajones, that would be a great feature, I would like to move my syslog server on qnap. My dream feature would also be having the logs on mysql. In the documentation I saw you had both if these features, were them in hstouch, just curious.

Thank you very much, looking forward to it.

PS I enjoy the plugin, I use it for several applications, one of them is to monitor when someone leaves the house by monitor my wifi. This is super cool.
        Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ultrajones,
          Is sending syslog entries to an external syslog server still on your roadmap?

Thanks.

Comment

Probably takes longer to compile, package, and upload the new bits than to code the solution. I would second the request.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
              Ultrajones,
              Is sending syslog entries to an external syslog server still on your roadmap?

Thanks.
              Yes, it is. It's in the works.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
              X