This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Is it still possible to add the option for newly discovered Airplay devices to be disabled by default?
    done in v1.2.0.6 (as an hidden option)
    add the following line in the GENERAL section of your AirplaySpeak.ini file:
    Code:
    speakers_enabled_by_default=False

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I have added some functions to be able to enable/disable and set volume level of a speaker from a script. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...57#post1070757
      That is nice!!, thnx. I'm very happy with this plugin. Keep up the good work!

I noticed that one of my airspeak devices (iPad via AirServer service), that's not always ON, give a lot of "Resolved Service" and "Lost service" entries in the HS log file, even with debug=off.
      I would like to have these entries only visible when debug=on, or hide it behind different debug levels (1,2, off)....?
      An official Airplay device, like the Airport Express don't give these entries in the HS logfile, when it's offline/unreachable.

25-6-2013 18:39:00 AirplaySpeak Lost Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:38:30 AirplaySpeak Resolved Service: AABBCCDDEEFF - iPad3 - 192.168.*.* - 50073
      25-6-2013 18:38:30 AirplaySpeak Found Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:34:36 AirplaySpeak Lost Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:34:28 AirplaySpeak Resolved Service: AABBCCDDEEFF - iPad3 - 192.168.*.* - 50073
      25-6-2013 18:34:28 AirplaySpeak Found Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:25:43 AirplaySpeak Lost Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:25:37 AirplaySpeak Resolved Service: AABBCCDDEEFF - iPad3 - 192.168.*.* - 50073
      25-6-2013 18:25:37 AirplaySpeak Found Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:21:44 AirplaySpeak Lost Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3
      25-6-2013 18:21:29 AirplaySpeak Resolved Service: AABBCCDDEEFF - iPad3 - 192.168.*.* - 50073
      25-6-2013 18:21:29 AirplaySpeak Found Service: AABBCCDDEEFF@iPad3

The next item isn't a big issue, but in the plugin, the events from the dropdown list are not sorted, or sorted in a unknown confusing way. If you have time left, some day, maybe you can look at this?

Comment

you don't see these log entries for an Airport Express because it never goes offline unless you unplug it.

yes I can add several log levels to hide those lines

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
          I would like to have these entries only visible when debug=on, or hide it behind different debug levels (1,2, off)....?
          In version 1.2.0.7, I have added 4 different log levels: Debug, Info, Warning and Error.

The "Found service", "Lost service" lines appear only if log level <= Info

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            In version 1.2.0.7, I have added 4 different log levels: Debug, Info, Warning and Error.
            Many thanks.

Comment

password protected devices are now supported by Airplay Speak plugin.
              for HS2 you need version 1.2.0.8 or later
              for HS3 you need version 3.0.0.2 or later

Comment

Connected Speaker Client / Choose Host Based On Some Condition / Send Wav File To App

Hey Spud,

I've spent the evening familiarizing myself with your plugin and reading past threads. I've wanted something like this for a very, very long time. Great work!

I keep reading about setting the host for targeting a specific Airplay device or multiple devices. On HS3 Pro Linux, running on my Raspberry Pi3b, I don't have a hosts field for speak actions. I only have Speaker Clients and the Edit Speaker Client List popup, which always opens empty on both sides; "Connected/Added Speaker Clients" & "Selected Speaker Clients".

I found I can manually add "Workbench" or "Apple TV" into the right side and your plugin changes it to "Workbench:*" or "Apple TV:*" and that lets HS speak to each device individually. Awesome! Going on eBay after posting this to pickup a few more used Airport Express units. (Seem to be under $20)

REQUEST #1 - Display Airplay Devices as Connected Speaker Clients:
                Is there a reason why my detected Airplay devices (on your config page) do not show up as "Connected/Added Speaker Clients" when creating a speak action? I noticed at the bottom of the HS Setup->Network page, under Connected Speaker Clients, it says, "no clients connected". Is this a Homeseer glitch? Seems strange I can manually type in the name of a device and speak to it but it doesn't get listed as an actual device.

REQUEST #2 - Change Host Based On Condition:
                How can I change the targeted device based on some condition? I want to store my current location as a variable and use that as a condition when HS speaks to have it speak out of the closest speaker I am next to at the time. I haven't figured out how to track my location just yet, but will probably use a combination of motion sensors and possibly pressure sensors to set the variable via JSON, hitting a Homeseer URL. In the meantime, I will change my location manually. So if I'm sitting in my recliner, HS should know and speak directly to the speaker mounted close to the chair. If I'm in my work area, it should speak directly using the speakers at my workbench. If I'm not at home at all, if I'm Away (NEST thermostat interface), then don't speak over any speakers.

REQUEST #3 - Send Audio File As Attachment To Chat App:
                Typing out that last request made me think of this one... If I'm currently set to Away, would it be possible to have AirplaySpeak send the wav file to one of a few different IM apps that support audio? I'm thinking either the built in messaging app on iPhones or WhatsApp or Voxer... or Skype? It would really feel like stepping into a Jarvis-like realm to have my home automation contact me directly on my iPhone if I'm not at home! Since it would be sending the wav file as a chat audio file, the app would *chirp*, getting my attention. I could then open it and tap on the audio attachment to hear the HS message.

Thanks for any consideration of my crazy ideas!
                -=Randy

Comment

Yes I was thinking of number three also. Or if rain is forecast and you are leaving the house. Homeseer should announce on your phone as you leave "Don't forget your umbrella!"
                  That would be next level!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post

REQUEST #1 - Display Airplay Devices as Connected Speaker Clients:
                    Is there a reason why my detected Airplay devices (on your config page) do not show up as "Connected/Added Speaker Clients" when creating a speak action? I noticed at the bottom of the HS Setup->Network page, under Connected Speaker Clients, it says, "no clients connected". Is this a Homeseer glitch? Seems strange I can manually type in the name of a device and speak to it but it doesn't get listed as an actual device.

REQUEST #2 - Change Host Based On Condition:
                    How can I change the targeted device based on some condition? I want to store my current location as a variable and use that as a condition when HS speaks to have it speak out of the closest speaker I am next to at the time. I haven't figured out how to track my location just yet, but will probably use a combination of motion sensors and possibly pressure sensors to set the variable via JSON, hitting a Homeseer URL. In the meantime, I will change my location manually. So if I'm sitting in my recliner, HS should know and speak directly to the speaker mounted close to the chair. If I'm in my work area, it should speak directly using the speakers at my workbench. If I'm not at home at all, if I'm Away (NEST thermostat interface), then don't speak over any speakers.

REQUEST #3 - Send Audio File As Attachment To Chat App:
                    Typing out that last request made me think of this one... If I'm currently set to Away, would it be possible to have AirplaySpeak send the wav file to one of a few different IM apps that support audio? I'm thinking either the built in messaging app on iPhones or WhatsApp or Voxer... or Skype? It would really feel like stepping into a Jarvis-like realm to have my home automation contact me directly on my iPhone if I'm not at home! Since it would be sending the wav file as a chat audio file, the app would *chirp*, getting my attention. I could then open it and tap on the audio attachment to hear the HS message.

Thanks for any consideration of my crazy ideas!
                    -=Randy
                    #1 This is an enhancement I have been asking for a very long time, right now there is no way to add a speaker in the list from a plug-in:
                    http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1392
                    nothing I can do without this enhancement being implemented in HS3.

#2 and #3: these features are not specific to Airplay so I'm not sure this plugin is the right place to implement them. They could be implemented directly in HS3.
                    That being said, you could already implement them yourself using scripting. Take a look at the Speak and SpeakToFile function in the scripting docs:
                    http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...lp/default.htm

Comment

Polling speakers

It would be nice to be able to poll speakers, to check their connection. Also would be nice if the plugging warned if a speaker is no longer reachable (Dropped from the configure panel of the plugin)
                      Last edited by stevenseh@gmail.com; September 2, 2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

An option to let tts speak slower.
                        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Have HS folks given you any way of implementing request #1 above.
                          I ask because i have have a 8 zone music system (called casa tunes) that has virtual airplay devices, so i have somthing like 18 airplay devices, some with VERY long names :-)

autopopulation would be great

Comment

Originally posted by scyto View Post
                            Have HS folks given you any way of implementing request #1 above.
                            I ask because i have have a 8 zone music system (called casa tunes) that has virtual airplay devices, so i have somthing like 18 airplay devices, some with VERY long names :-)

autopopulation would be great
                            unfortunately no, it's still not possible.

Comment

Did it ever get figured out how to turn a speaker on and off with an event action? I remember we talked about this years ago and you added the script into the description.

Comment

Working...
                              X