HS3 Hometroller SEL sends email thru Gmail account, but won't receive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Hometroller SEL sends email thru Gmail account, but won't receive

I have submitted a helpdesk ticket, but wondering if someone else has dealt with this issue before

Unit is setup to use gmail, and successfully sends email. error log reveals failed login attempts . below is the error message

Unable to log into Gmail server: Authenticate as SSL client failed. You might be connecting to non SSL port.:Inner Exception: System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.LocalValidation (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientContext context, AlertDescription description) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertifi cate.ProcessAsTls1 () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Proces s () [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Proces s () at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHands hakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg) [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRec ordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallb ack (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in :0

To solve go to gmail website and log in with your gmail credentials. Go to settings - Accounts and Import. Click Other Google account settings.

Under Sign in and Security you should set 'Allow less secure apps' to on.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I replied to the helpdesk email. That setting was already in place.

I unticked it, then re ticked it to on.

I then closed the gmail page and re forced the hometroller, and got the same error message.

Jurgen

Comment

Check this thread with the same issue as you have and see if there's anything that may help. :
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175973
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

a lot of that is over my head, and it seems in the end, it still didn't work.

I need this to work so I can get it into the clients service

Comment

I'm also having the exact same issue. Running HS3 standard under Linux. I have gmail set up properly, have changed all of the settings a couple of times in the HS email setup, nothing seems to work so far.

Comment

Working...
            X