www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old May 30th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Seer Plus

Linking connected home api to multiple profiles

My wife and I have separate profiles we used for our echo devices. I can get the connected home feature to work with only a single profile at a time. I do have other connected home devices that work on both profiles. However, when I try to link more than one profile with the HS connected home feature then only the last one linked works. How can I get this to work with multiple profiles ? It does work with multiple echo devices as long as they share the same profile/account. Do I need a separate userid & password for my second profile to work?
Old August 7th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Seer

Two Profiles but only one works.

Echoing (so to speak) another user, I have two profiles on our two Alexa devices, and given we go back and forth on the music with them, I really need a way to have BOTH profiles access this skill. (I know what have you done for me lately!!!) I love the skill and the hard work to get it going, my thermostat works great with it as well. But if we can make it work across profiles that would be great.

Thanks.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Seer

Same problem here. Works great on mine, but when logging in on wife's phone it connects the Homeseer skill (with my username/pw) but never sees any devices.
Old December 1st, 2016, 06:08 PM
Seer

Anyone come up with any way around this?
Old March 7th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Seer

Nothing

It is starting to drive us nuts every time we go to control something and the Echo starts babbling about not being able to find the device....only to realize that its because the Echo is on my wife's account/profile.

Anyone find a fix for this?