X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Groups and Alexa Smart Devices

Hey All,

I have started making some Insteon Groups called "Kitchen Lights", "Basement Lights", "Outside Lights", etc. They show up in the HS3 device list just fine and I can turn the groups on/off just fine through the HS3 web console and mobile app.

Within the Alexa dashboard, I have gone into Smart Home and ran a Device Discovery. All the devices that I have marked for Voice Command show up EXCEPT the Insteon Group Devices.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bumping this again. @MarkSeer any ideas?

Comment

I don't have any experience with Alexa, or Smart Home app.

I don't know what makes one device show vs another.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

In order for the devices to show you need to have voice command selected as you have done. And you also need to make sure the "control use" fields in the last tab are set to on and off. (And dim if supported) this is what is used to translate values to commands Alexa knows how to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          In order for the devices to show you need to have voice command selected as you have done. And you also need to make sure the "control use" fields in the last tab are set to on and off. (And dim if supported) this is what is used to translate values to commands Alexa knows how to deal with.
          Thanks Jon. Much appreciated. I think I am there now.

Comment

Working...
          X