www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old March 9th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Amazon API - Native Smart Lock Control/Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Hello,

With the addition of Smart Lock Control/Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:
  • A customer requests the deadbolt to lock the door, for example “Alexa, lock the living room door.”
  • A customer requests the lock status for a door, for example, “Alexa, is the living room door locked?”

-Travis
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Seer

I posted the same questions about 4 days ago and received no response.
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Seer Master

I would also like to see this. Currently using "tell homeseer to lock the back door" etc, but would be nice to query the status or just tell Alexa to lock the door. I can remember what I need to say but making the family remember whether they have to say "tell homeseer" or not is really not conducive to getting them to use it.
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Seer Deluxe

Same here, I have been anxiously awaiting HS support for this.
Old March 24th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

I have this through the skill, but I have a virtual device that is not named door that I invoke to unlock the doors. I live in a very safe area, but I am not sure I would want the ability of someone through a partially open window asking Alexa to unlock the front door. But, I do see the convenience. If Alexa was tied to a particular voice it would be different for me or if it asked for a code. Maybe I am just paranoid.
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
I have this through the skill, but I have a virtual device that is not named door that I invoke to unlock the doors. I live in a very safe area, but I am not sure I would want the ability of someone through a partially open window asking Alexa to unlock the front door. But, I do see the convenience. If Alexa was tied to a particular voice it would be different for me or if it asked for a code. Maybe I am just paranoid.
I don't believe that the API includes any unlock function so it really isn't a security risk. Only locking and lock status....I would still like to see this happen. HS should add all API functions provided by Amazon integration.

-Travis