www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Amazon API - Thermostat Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Hello,

With the addition of Thermostat Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:
  • A customer requests the temperature value (what it is), for example “Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?”
  • A customer requests the temperature setting (what it should be), for example, “Alexa, what’s my thermostat set to?”

-Travis
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We will take a look at it, I don't have a date for the support. I don't see this as being very important since you are in the home and can feel the temp, why would you want to know the inside temp? You can ask for the temp with the "ask homeseer" skill if you enable that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hello,

With the addition of Thermostat Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:
  • A customer requests the temperature value (what it is), for example “Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?”
  • A customer requests the temperature setting (what it should be), for example, “Alexa, what’s my thermostat set to?”

-Travis

website | products | support | youtube
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Super Seer

I do this with Jon's helper... but there is the ask homeseer or whatever involved.

Robert
HS3PRO 3.0.0.318 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dot, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:48 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
We will take a look at it, I don't have a date for the support. I don't see this as being very important since you are in the home and can feel the temp, why would you want to know the inside temp? You can ask for the temp with the "ask homeseer" skill if you enable that.
If you say "Alexa, set the bedrooms thermostat to 74 degrees" - how do you know it's not already set to 74 degrees?

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:01 AM
Seer

Yes, please add this thermostat support, now that it is possible. It is the only thing that I need to still "Ask Homeseer" to do. It would be great to be able to ask Echo what the temp is, if you are trying to regulate or adjust the normally automatic control of the thermostat.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:06 AM
Seer Deluxe

Not sure what your setup is, but this already works with the Ecobee skill. I can now ask Alexa what the temp is in the Bedroom (or any room with sensor) and it comes back and tells me.

If you have a nest, I understand there is a 3rd party "Thermostat skill" that is much better than the Nest one that does the same... better.
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Hey Rich,

It's been a bit since we last brought up this topic. Did you happen to look into this yet? The example was a house but using the API I could ask what the temperature of my pool is, or my solar water temp etc which would be a better example for my use. We do not use the "Ask homeseer" skill at our home.

-Travis
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hey Rich,

It's been a bit since we last brought up this topic. Did you happen to look into this yet? The example was a house but using the API I could ask what the temperature of my pool is, or my solar water temp etc which would be a better example for my use. We do not use the "Ask homeseer" skill at our home.

-Travis
+1

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old November 3rd, 2017, 09:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

+1. Would be great if the skill can be used to ask the temperature of HSM200’s as well!