Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is URL to use for HS Touch Designer

Greetings

I am new to HomeSeer and WeatherXML. I am successfully getting data to download to my box from WeatherUnderground. What URL do I use to configure HS Touch Designer to reference the data?

The documentation file for WeatherXML does not match what I see on my box.

Cheers

Joe

Current Date/Time: 10/16/2017 10:01:22 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 7 Days 7 Hours 34 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.54.20.5
    Number of Devices: 237
    Number of Events: 9
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.28: Nest
    3.0.0.73: weatherXML
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

If you decide to use the xml file, then you will need to go into the setup for a HSTouch element. Instead of selecting HS Device select RSS Feed. Click the Edit button. Instead of a URL you will enter a file path.
    file://data/weatherxml/nameOfFileYouWantToUse.xml
    You can see the available xml files in the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory. Once you have the file path entered click the button Get Data. Use the <-- and --> buttons to move through the file and select the data that you want to display in the HSTouch element.

I recommend that you use devices instead of trying to use the xml file for HSTouch. weatherXML downloads the xml file to the HS server. If you setup HSTouch to use the xml file it will not automatically update the HSTouch element when the file is downloaded. The clients only updates every 15 to 20 minutes.
    If you use devices, they will update HSTouch as soon as the device is updated.

Here is a thread to read through on setting up HSTouch with weatherXML.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173620
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the quick reply. I will digest what you have sent and go forth and tinker

Cheers

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X