ADIOcelot Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael-

I am close to getting the next rev of documenation out. Should have it out tonight. FYI.

Paul
    Paul

Comment

Any update yet???

Originally posted by pbibm
      Michael-

I am close to getting the next rev of documenation out. Should have it out tonight. FYI.

Paul
      As a new Ocelot owner, any documentation will help me get my feet wetter without a fear of drowning.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I know, I know. Its on the list.

Basically I am updating the work Michael and genevadude did. I got permission from Guy Lavoie off the Ocelot board to include his FAQ document, which shines a ton of light on the Project / System Map aspect of the Ocelot.

The Ocelot is a high "bang for the buck" item. It can be treated as a low level server in many ways for ~$150. No software to buy, no maintainace to speak of. No moving parts. I am on the third year of mine (CM11A ActiveHome, then to ocelot, then to homeseer). It has never locked up, died, had any problems that were not self inflicted by yours truly. It doesnt get spammed, or spyware, doesnt need patches, OS upgrades, virus updates,...,....

A little patience in the programming, keeping versions of code, and a little digging to find out how to use it. Its creators unintentionally make a lot of assumptions about the purchaser figuring that out or knowing already, but they support it well.

So, its coming. If you look at the already posted version earlier in this thread, a lot of it is there.

Paul
        Paul

Comment

ADIOcelto Rev 2, Help needed from IR User

ADIOcelot Users:

I am close to being complete with my updates to the documentation. I need some reviewers, and ..

I need someone to write a little bit for the IR portions. I just dont know that and cant make it up..... Will an experienced IR person please accept the challenge to write a few paragraphs. If more then one responses, I will marry the multiple responses. Just put a post here saying you will work on it. Thanks!!!

The IR information is needed on page 4, highlighted in yellow, with comments from me about what to talk about. And tab 3, pages 10 and 11.

Please review the document in general this week, get me some general feed back, IR feed back in particular.

ADIOcelot Doc, rev 2

Guest / Guest

Post back here Thanks!

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Michael-

I submit the updated ADIOcelot Document. I think its going as far as it can. Please reveiw, and either let me know what changes you would like, or I believe its ready to publish. Not sure what the means, probably some file updates on the HS updater.

Updated ADIOCelot Documentation

Anyway, I hope my efforts were helpful and made it better.

Paul
            Paul

Comment

I got the document. I'll look at it later this evening or tomorrow. It is your choice if you want it to be on the updater as a general document or included with the ADIOcelot plugin.

Comment

I finally reviewed the document and I could see the improvement. I made some additional edits in the attached. You need to add your name to the title page and decide if you want it to go with the plugin or be a separate download from the updater.
                Attached Files

Comment

Paul,
                  I wrote up a section if you want add it to the updated manual - it covers how to get analog data values and Bobcat data values from the ocelot to homeseer. Feel free to edit as you need to.
                  jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jsteed
                    Paul,
                    I wrote up a section if you want add it to the updated manual - it covers how to get analog data values and Bobcat data values from the ocelot to homeseer. Feel free to edit as you need to.
                    jim
                    Jim, thanks! I will add that in. Paul
                    Paul

Comment

I installed 1.8 through the updater, and it wiped out my entire config. I tried copying the settings manually from a backup, but it still wipes them out when the plugin loads. Did I miss something?
                      HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                      (aka xplosiv)
                      Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Electron
                        I installed 1.8 through the updater, and it wiped out my entire config. I tried copying the settings manually from a backup, but it still wipes them out when the plugin loads. Did I miss something?
                        Same thing happened to me, I had to re-add all devices manually.

Welcome to the club!

Comment

It uses the same settings.ini file as the HST Ocelot plugin uses. It should not change any device definitions until the button on the setup page is clicked to do this. I think It will update the discovery map of units connected to the ocelot when they are discovered, but they should be the same as before so nothing should change.

What "config" is wiped out? The entire folder? HS Devices?

Comment

Variables & I/O Devices are gone from the configuration screen. IR mappings were not wiped out.
                            Last edited by electron; May 9, 2005, 07:25 PM.
                            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                            (aka xplosiv)
                            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

I looked at the change log and saw

PR25 1.9.5 Make interface property comparison case insensitive

The interface property is used to identify devices that belong to this interface. Somewhere along the way my interface property form my ocelot devices' interface property changed case. Dont know if it was someting I did or something HS did.

Suggest the version at the top of this thread. I've also attached a utility to look at this property and a few others that are plugin-name dependent.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X