This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is audrey plug in gone or will it be free

is audrey plugin gone for good or will it become free to use?

it is no longer in the updater.

hopefully it will become a freebie and we will some regained interest in the audrey as a result.

It has met the same fate as mcsMusic and others where I'll try to help existing users as best I can. Support for new users has become too difficult to remember how to walk through the startup process and all the things that have faded from memory. Being offered through the HS store/updater or via the message board presents the same support issues. I did post source code in one of the mcsAudrey threads for a version that ThePod and myself were working together, but never did complete. There is also the xAP node xapmcsAudrey that is available as a means to integrate Audrey with Homeseer or other xAP-cognizant systems.

Comment

OK,,,, but what about existing users that never got the chance to purchase an unlock code??? I've been using the plugin for 2 months now! I started with a trial code in June and bought 3 Audreys on ebay. I struggled through the setup by simply using the information in the posts. After getting my Audreys set up with HS, I saw the value of the plugin and really liked the features it provided. I went to purchase the plugin in July but couldn't find it on the downloader. Then I found a post on this forum indicating that July was "free Audrey month" and that after August, an unlock code would be required again. Ok, so I figured I'd have to wait until August to purchase the code. Nothing was stated about mcsAudrey disappearing completely.

Needless to say, I am a bit miffed by what I understand now seems to be a change of plan in that mcsAudrey has been pulled without even giving me a chance to purchase the code. So now I have 3, yes 3, Audreys that I bought specifically to use with HS, that are now non-functional....!!!!

Michael, you do a great job with the various plugins you offer, and I can understand the 'resource constraints' that you must have juggling all the different user problems with all the different plugins. Certainly one might argue that Audrey is perhaps not that 'mainstream' and therefore could be jettisoned with out affecting too many users, but for those of us that use it, it is pretty cool in its own ways.

How about at least giving us a "last time buy" opportunity? That would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

MCS Audrey worked for a number of things for me, it's sad to see it go.

I started writing a .net plugin for the audrey about 8 months ago (becuase there were a few things I wanted to do that MCS didn't support), I'll see if I can find it and dust if off. I had some ideas for it that I never got around to trying.

If any one has interest in working on this project with me, I'd be happy to start up source repository and we could work on a new plugin.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
          It has met the same fate as mcsMusic and others where I'll try to help existing users as best I can. Support for new users has become too difficult to remember how to walk through the startup process and all the things that have faded from memory. Being offered through the HS store/updater or via the message board presents the same support issues. I did post source code in one of the mcsAudrey threads for a version that ThePod and myself were working together, but never did complete. There is also the xAP node xapmcsAudrey that is available as a means to integrate Audrey with Homeseer or other xAP-cognizant systems.
          If you can grab the source code and have means to edit and recompile it (VB6 I believe), you can just remove the call for the license code to make it work without needing a license for it.

The Pod

Comment

Flash, I PM'd you a license code that HST gave me for a beta tester that was never used. My intention was not to leave anyone that was committed out, but simply recognized that I did not have the ability to support new users in a manner that I consider adequate.

It does not mean that I will not continue to support it in the long term, but I would rather not have new uses get to the frustration level that Modster experienced.

Comment

Michael,

With all the great things that you have contributed to the HS community over the years as well as the relentless support, I don't think anyone could even imagine that you would turn your back on any us. I can completely empathize with you regarding the difficulty in being able to offer the level of support that you would want to. In any case, from my own experience in setting up my Audreys, I can confirm that there is enough detail already in this forum to guide a new user through the various 'speed bumps' of the setup process. It might require a bit of digging, but it's there. So in that sense, even though there might always be requests for new features to be added to the plugin, the current version does do a great job of interfacing the Audrey with HS, and therefore maybe this is a good time to let it rest for a while while you devote more of your time to other projects. Thanks again for all your help!

Flash

Comment

all the problems i had were with incomplete or incorrect instructions and now that ive gotten all the problems fixed im stuck with 3 audreys and no unlock or trial codes

Comment

Modster,
                  Can you send me a PM on this issue please.
                  Thanks
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62
                    MCS Audrey worked for a number of things for me, it's sad to see it go.

I started writing a .net plugin for the audrey about 8 months ago (becuase there were a few things I wanted to do that MCS didn't support), I'll see if I can find it and dust if off. I had some ideas for it that I never got around to trying.

If any one has interest in working on this project with me, I'd be happy to start up source repository and we could work on a new plugin.
                    I would be intested in this .NET plugin. This would be exciting.

Comment

It is a VB6 plugin and I have no plans to convert to .NET. It runs through the hs_compatibility process supported by HS 2.

Comment

HighTest, send me a PM.
                        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I know this is a little late ,but I just came accross 2 audrey's while cleaning up the basment.

Michael is there any chance of getting the Source or a trial code?

Thanks,
                          -Skybolt

Edit:
                          oops - Just read that it is now HS2 compatable. Sorry I am not running Version 2 yet. Still inlove with 1.7.44. could you PM me a trial code? Thanks.
                          -Skybolt

Comment

Audrey plugin is in the updater and the trial process is the same as any other plugin. My two images are hosted at various sites including mcsSprinklers.com/StockHA.txt and mcsSprinklers.com/is11sHA.txt

Comment

Working...
                            X