www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old June 7th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Seer

Echo/Alexa API "On" versus "On Last Level"

First off, I love the Echo/Alexa integration via the API -- fantastic job!

The only "wife acceptance factor" issue I'm having is asking Alexa to turn on a light always goes to full brightness instead of Last Level. And, after turning on full brightness, this now because the new Last Level.

Is there a way to have the "on" request turn on device to Last Level for those devices that support it?

Thanks!
Old June 7th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcross View Post
First off, I love the Echo/Alexa integration via the API -- fantastic job!

The only "wife acceptance factor" issue I'm having is asking Alexa to turn on a light always goes to full brightness instead of Last Level. And, after turning on full brightness, this now because the new Last Level.

Is there a way to have the "on" request turn on device to Last Level for those devices that support it?

Thanks!
Not sure of the overall ramifications, but if I change the Last Level to On instead of On Alternate, I get the behavior you're looking for. It's located in the Status Graphics tab.

YMMV,
Z
Old June 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

ALEXA

Lately when Alexa finishes loading devices she says she could not find any smart devices. Devices still load. ?????
Old September 8th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
Not sure of the overall ramifications, but if I change the Last Level to On instead of On Alternate, I get the behavior you're looking for. It's located in the Status Graphics tab.
YMMV,
Z
I was struggling with the same. In my case I had to do just the opposite of what vasrc said, i.e. I had to set "On Last Level" to On.

Before: Value=99; Status=On, Control Use=On
Value=255; Status=On Last Level, Control use=On Alternate
New:Value=99; Status=On, Control Use=On Alternate
Value=255; Status=On Last Level, Control use=On

This is with Cooper Wiring 9540/9542 devices.