www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

so now Im trying this:

I deleted my hue bridge from harmony app. then went to go add hue bridge again. It instantly went to the pairing part where it says press the center button in the bridge however does not get past this point

this wasn't a problem a few days ok
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:23 PM
Seer Deluxe

Im getting the following warning message below:

Still can't get my harmony remote to get past the philips hue pairing process. just gets stuck there

Anything to do with below warning message or any steps I should follow. like I said it was working great before yesterday but then remote was reporting not connected

01-01-2017 23:48:32.462 INFO HA Bridge (v3.5.1) starting.... com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge
01-01-2017 23:48:32.493 INFO reading from config file: data/habridge.config com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings
01-01-2017 23:48:32.696 WARN The upnp config address, 192.168.0.3, does not match any known IP's on this host. com.bwssystems.HABridge.BridgeSettings
01-01-2017 23:48:32.696 INFO HA Bridge initializing.... com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:28 PM
Seer Deluxe

just to be clear its getting stuck where it says philips hue bridge has been detected. press the center button in the bridge to pair it with harmony
Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Seer

"..192.168.0.3, does not match any known IP's on this host. com."

Is it possible that your IP address changed ? If you're using dhcp, you might have received a different IP after the power outage...

Kevin
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:04 AM
Seer Deluxe

this is very possible since Im using DHCP

I guess my confusion is how to setup the HAbridge

Under the section bridge control my UPNP IP address is set to what it was at the very start of me setting up this bridge

So if my local ip did change what do I need to do next in bridge interface or in my router to fix this and so it doesn't happen again. I know how to find out what my local ip is.

Sorry if this is basic stuff Im still learning as I go

Thanks
Chris
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
Seer

In Windows, you can get to a cmd window and type 'ipconfig' and it'll show you your ip address of your computer.

You may want to set a static IP - if this turns out to be your issue...
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

thanks got it working again
Old January 4th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonk View Post
Thanks for that, works great.

Is it possible with this to pass information back from HomeSeer to be read by Alexa?
I never saw an answer for this. Would what it take to get Alexa to read the status of a device? For example : "Whats the temperature in my office" ?

I have a bridge device set up that gets the current temp from my zwave thermostat from json string.

Didn't know if it was possible to send / return a response to Alexa to say.

Kevin
Old January 4th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice View Post
I never saw an answer for this. Would what it take to get Alexa to read the status of a device? For example : "Whats the temperature in my office" ?

I have a bridge device set up that gets the current temp from my zwave thermostat from json string.

Didn't know if it was possible to send / return a response to Alexa to say.

Kevin
I've been using Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper to get information out of HomeSeer. You can easily set up a Trigger that will do exactly what you want, see image below.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504

I'm also working on a script that will take the text from alexa(using a single trigger in Jon00 Helper) and try to find the device that your after the status off without having to create a trigger for each device you want. As I cannot see that this can currently be done.
Attached Images

Old January 5th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Seer

I saw that plugin when first started, but it looked like it was just for setting up a skill that required the homeseer Alexa skill to installed.

I will take another look at it.
Thanks,
Kevin
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice View Post
I saw that plugin when first started, but it looked like it was just for setting up a skill that required the homeseer Alexa skill to installed.
I think your right.
Old January 12th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Seer Master

Question Terminating the HA-Bridge

How can I terminate the HA-Bridge automatically in the VB ShutDown script when HomeSeer is shut down.

It's easy enough to start it

Code:
hs.Launch("C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\ha-bridge\HA-Bridge.bat", "", "", "0")
I've tried various diffferent bits of code to close but nothing seems to close it

I can get 'cmd.exe' to close under Processes in Task Manager but the HA-Bridge remains running with a entry under Applications 'c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe' which I cannot seem to be able to close with scripting.

Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks
Simon
Attached Images

Last edited by Simonk; January 13th, 2017 at 04:04 AM.
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:24 AM
Seer Master

Has anyone encountered a problem where the harmony app will only read a handful of devices from the ha-bridge. I have 44 devices configured, but only a few load into the Harmony app. All work fine with Google Home.

It's not a huge deal, but I thought I'd make use of those buttons on the remote since I thought this should work.

http://www.sage-software.com
HSPro, Insteon, HomeVision
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:27 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by csullivan2005 View Post
this is very possible since Im using DHCP

I guess my confusion is how to setup the HAbridge

Under the section bridge control my UPNP IP address is set to what it was at the very start of me setting up this bridge

So if my local ip did change what do I need to do next in bridge interface or in my router to fix this and so it doesn't happen again. I know how to find out what my local ip is.

Sorry if this is basic stuff Im still learning as I go

Thanks
Chris
Chris, what you want to do is to go into your router setup page and link your mac address to a static IP address so that it doesn't change all the time. Normally this will be in the section where you configure DHCP.
Old January 17th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Seer Master

Folks,

I have a quick and dirty script that I created to update the status in ha-bridge to keep it in sync with HomeSeer. I could share this if someone needs something like this. Like I implied it is a bit of a quick hack right now. I am using it for ha-bridge and control with Google Home. However, I am thinking that I would switch over to the direct HomeSeer interface when that is ready. If that comes out and there is some reason I would stay with ha-bridge instead, I'd probably clean this up a bit.

Is there anyone that has need of something like this now?
Old February 27th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpchristian View Post
Folks,

I have a quick and dirty script that I created to update the status in ha-bridge to keep it in sync with HomeSeer. I could share this if someone needs something like this. Like I implied it is a bit of a quick hack right now. I am using it for ha-bridge and control with Google Home. However, I am thinking that I would switch over to the direct HomeSeer interface when that is ready. If that comes out and there is some reason I would stay with ha-bridge instead, I'd probably clean this up a bit.

Is there anyone that has need of something like this now?

Hi tpchristian,

If your script updates the HA bridge with devices setup in homeseer I would be interested to see it, although personally not ready to totally automate that at this stage I can see why it might be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Seer Deluxe

HA-Bridge has stopped working

Anyone have any ideas over why this has suddenly stopped working on my Win10 box?
I've been using it for months alongside Jon00's helper and its been rock solid.

I noticed that my Echo's stopped responding to instructions a few days ago after I disabled uPNP on my router but I don't see why that would cause issues. Even after re-enabling uPNP and rebooting everything, Test an ON or Test OFF do not work via the bridge webpage or Echo.
I get this error in the DOS box...

<..SNIP..>
2017-07-26 16:27:47,561 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Hue emulator service started....
2017-07-26 16:27:47,566 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener starting....
2017-07-26 16:27:47,589 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener running and ready....
2017-07-26 16:27:55,305 [qtp768667677-16] WARN com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Error on calling url to change device state: http://192.168.0.58:81/JSON?request=...=239&value=255

Of course all JSON commands typed directly in to the browser function normally and all my devices are discovered normally.

I am at a complete loss and any help would be appreciated
Old July 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Seer Master

I use it, but now with Echo. Mine is still working. My first guess would be that your reference number is not correct. If you try that URL on your HS box, does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggs11 View Post
Anyone have any ideas over why this has suddenly stopped working on my Win10 box?
I've been using it for months alongside Jon00's helper and its been rock solid.

I noticed that my Echo's stopped responding to instructions a few days ago after I disabled uPNP on my router but I don't see why that would cause issues. Even after re-enabling uPNP and rebooting everything, Test an ON or Test OFF do not work via the bridge webpage or Echo.
I get this error in the DOS box...

<..SNIP..>
2017-07-26 16:27:47,561 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Hue emulator service started....
2017-07-26 16:27:47,566 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener starting....
2017-07-26 16:27:47,589 [main] INFO com.bwssystems.HABridge.upnp.UpnpListener - UPNP Discovery Listener running and ready....
2017-07-26 16:27:55,305 [qtp768667677-16] WARN com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator - Error on calling url to change device state: http://192.168.0.58:81/JSON?request=...=239&value=255

Of course all JSON commands typed directly in to the browser function normally and all my devices are discovered normally.

I am at a complete loss and any help would be appreciated
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpchristian View Post
I use it, but now with Echo. Mine is still working. My first guess would be that your reference number is not correct. If you try that URL on your HS box, does it work?
Like l said, all JSON commands typed in to the browser work fine.
Just doesn't make any sense.
Old July 27th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Seer Master

Do you have a backup?

I use BLbackup to make a zip copy of the folder i have the ha bridge in every night. I have had a croupt file after unsafe shutdown before. Just delete and unzip the backup and off i go again.