This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    based on my test, when on battery and LED off, i do think the flashing is minimized significantly but not eliminated completely.

i'll check with SH on this "feature"
    Yep that is what I'm seeing as well.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

MS II: what revision?

The MS II is very inconsistent for me. I've been running on USB power for a few days. Here are my observations:
      • Motion detection is a hit & miss; it flashes, with a 1-2 second delay after detecting movement, but many times there's no message back to the Insteon plugin
      • I tried resetting it, but as I've mentioned in another post, there's no beep, so it's pretty hard to figure out when it's time to let go the 'Set' button; I thought it might be because of power through USB, but I put the battery in and still no beep
      • It reported only one dusk in the two days since I've had it (mode = Occupancy)

I may have a bad unit.

My unit is rev. 1.0 2716, fw 46. Could you all let me know what your specs are if different than mine?

Comment

Yah I really think you got a dud. I have 4 running now, 2 on battery and 2 on USB. Despite the fact that I HATE the new mounting hardware, my devices have been very stable. I've reset a few of them during testing and they buzzed as expected.

All of my devices are the same rev and fw as you listed.

Tony

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
          ... As for reporting ... break the 3 items up in to individual log items because temp and light level are both set to not change update time if there is no change. So you should only get a log event if something actually changes ...
          I tend to agree with this approach of one log entry per event type. Logging heartbeats would be very useful in evaluating variations or trends over time, especially light levels.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
            The MS II is very inconsistent for me. I've been running on USB power for a few days. Here are my observations:
            • Motion detection is a hit & miss; it flashes, with a 1-2 second delay after detecting movement, but many times there's no message back to the Insteon plugin
            • I tried resetting it, but as I've mentioned in another post, there's no beep, so it's pretty hard to figure out when it's time to let go the 'Set' button; I thought it might be because of power through USB, but I put the battery in and still no beep
            • It reported only one dusk in the two days since I've had it (mode = Occupancy)

I may have a bad unit.

My unit is rev. 1.0 2716, fw 46. Could you all let me know what your specs are if different than mine?
            have you called SH support to get them to help you with the reset?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

have you called SH support to get them to help you with the reset?
              Calling SH for support is, well, frustrating? The guy I spoke to put me on hold 3 times for a couple of minutes while he checked with his level 2. I may be unlucky, but this is standard for me when calling SH.

I'm sending in the unit for an exchange.

Comment

Calling SH for support is, well, frustrating? The guy I spoke to put me on hold 3 times for a couple of minutes while he checked with his level 2. I may be unlucky, but this is standard for me when calling SH.

if the unit won't reset, then its time to send it back
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

It's been a while since I've had to call support but they were good when I did. The roll out of this motion was a catastrophe. They still don't fully support it in the hub (no temp and missing a lot of settings) They basically released the device with no real way to use it other than to directly link it to another insteon device. Who ever managed that project should be fired immediately. It sounds like their support staff still isn't up to speed on it either. The good news is that once you get a properly working device, you should be happy with it.

Comment

It's been a while since I've had to call support but they were good when I did. The roll out of this motion was a catastrophe. They still don't fully support it in the hub (no temp and missing a lot of settings) They basically released the device with no real way to use it other than to directly link it to another insteon device. Who ever managed that project should be fired immediately. It sounds like their support staff still isn't up to speed on it either. The good news is that once you get a properly working device, you should be happy with it.
                    Its is a bit of a shame that Mark gives us more access to MSII features than SH apps themselves. Cheers to Mark!

Comment

based on my test, when on battery and LED off, i do think the flashing is minimized significantly but not eliminated completely.

i'll check with SH on this "feature"
                      SH confirmed this behavior. I'm thinking of removing the led on/off feature and leaving the brightness setting. Set it to 0/1 to get the lowest level

thoughts?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The weird thing is that on USB power, LED off does work. Someone thought it was opposite day when they were working on that bit of the firmware. I expect that will be fixed in a fw revision. The setting would be redundant even if it did work so I'm good with removing it.

Comment

The weird thing is that on USB power, LED off does work. Someone thought it was opposite day when they were working on that bit of the firmware. I expect that will be fixed in a fw revision. The setting would be redundant even if it did work so I'm good with removing it.
                          For me, setting LED = Off on USB power works fine. Setting the brightness to 0 on the other hand does not work: still blinks full blast. I retrieved the settings just to be sure all was in sync. My "probably defective" unit may not be a good case though.

So mark, I would suggest holding off until we get more testing out of this thing.

Comment

Mark, do you happen to know what the jumper does on this thing?

Tony

Comment

Mark, do you happen to know what the jumper does on this thing?

Tony
                              Not a clue. It's not documented. It might be for reprogramming the fw at Smarthome.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I received 3 new motion sensors today and are in the process of setting the first one up.

So far so good. I got it to link with HS and the temperature works well in Celsius (thanks Mark).

I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know how often the temperature is updated and transmitted?
                                2) For the re-transmits of the signals - I plugged the device into the power outlet - Do the re-transmits go via RF or via the power line? My guess is it is via RF as I don't see any real improvement with the PLC signals.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X