www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Connected Home API Discussions related to the Amazon Echo native support for connected home products

Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:56 AM
Seer Master

Starting out with Alexa

Folks

I've just purchased an ECHO and DOT. I've read the forums and find the lot confusing, maybe if I stared at it longer it would make sense...

I gather this is the way I should install the connectivity ?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180033

I note in some forum posts, the only commands I can use are on/off , dim lights and set thermostat levels ?

Any pointers would be appreciated...

Thankyou..Pete
Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:33 AM
OverSeer

Assuming you are using Amazon US Accounts, you actually have a choice of 2 skills.

Details of function and installation for each can be found here

If you want more flexibility, you can use my Alexa helper when using the Homeseer Home Automation Skill.

Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:40 AM
Seer Master

Jon00

Thanks mate, had a quick look at your stuff, I like. I'll be getting it in a few weeks, look forward to having a bash :-)

AS always, good work :-)

Pete