Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a North East meetup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in a North East meetup?

Just testing the waters to see how much interest is out there.

I live in Western MA and would love to get together with other HS folks for dinner or a beer (or 3). Is there any interest in a meetup? I personally am happy to travel to anywhere within a few 100 miles. I'm happy to organize everything.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Originally posted by S-F View Post

I live in Western MA and would love to get together with other HS folks for dinner or a beer (or 3). Is there any interest in a meetup? I personally am happy to travel to anywhere within a few 100 miles. I'm happy to organize everything.
    wow .. yeah I'm down here outside of philly... in south nj.. ( 08094 ) ..
    would love to get a local meetup.. years ago I sold some insteon stuff to someone local to me but never really went past selling the switches. they were ebayed and he happened to be local!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

And here I was thinking that you moved house every month or so from one unfortunately named town to another across country

I am definitely interested. Somewhat selfishly I might suggest NYC as being fairly central. I could make Philly work too. Boston a little too far for me, though I understand a certain pull in that direction by the HS mothership.

If it were a weekend I should be able to make the Red Lion in Stockbridge MA, which presumably isn't too far from you.
      cheeryfool

Comment

That is very interesting, if done around 40 miles radius from Boston, count me in.
        Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhhh, The Red Lion. Some stories I could tell emanate from there.....
          I live about an hour East of there so it would work fine for me but I'm not sure it's close to anyone else.

I'm in a somewhat unique location as I'm about equidistant from Boston, HST, Albany and about 3 hours from NYC. I suggest that if we do decide to get together that we carpool. If we were to go to someplace near Boston those coming from West and South (or VT?) could get a ride with me from here and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            That is very interesting, if done around 40 miles radius from Boston, count me in.
            Aldo

So you don't live in sunny CA? Maybe in the same way that I don't live in Toad Suck AR, or wherever it says I'm from these days. Or maybe you fly a plane and would be coming in to Logan. In which case you could fly in to the local airport here. It's nice as small airports go. My friend fies in here all the time from whatever third world craziness he's been occupying lately.

Comment

So you don't live in sunny CA? Maybe in the same way that I don't live in Toad Suck AR, or wherever it says I'm from these days. Or maybe you fly a plane and would be coming in to Logan. In which case you could fly in to the local airport here. It's nice as small airports go. My friend fies in here all the time from whatever third world craziness he's been occupying lately.
              Lol, unfortunately I had an employer that was very curious, worse than CIA and since I made a mistake of using my user name as my name it was easier for them to find what I was doing during the day, they would give me hard time if I posted one time during the day. I know everyone has terrible stories with their employers but trust me this one was one of them that you do not want. The only choice was to get my profile to be in California, better than nothing. Alghouth, I live in Boston, I would dream to be in California. I'm very close to the logan, I hope you have tried Santarpio pizza. It would be great to put some faces with the user names that I see every day, I really hope we can meet at one point. It would be great to share what we have done and get more opinions on what it can be done to improve it. Please feel free to pm me if you like.
              Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                Lol, unfortunately I had an employer that was very curious, worse than CIA and since I made a mistake of using my user name as my name it was easier for them to find what I was doing during the day, they would give me hard time if I posted one time during the day. I know everyone has terrible stories with their employers but trust me this one was one of them that you do not want. The only choice was to get my profile to be in California, better than nothing. Alghouth, I live in Boston, I would dream to be in California. I'm very close to the logan, I hope you have tried Santarpio pizza. It would be great to put some faces with the user names that I see every day, I really hope we can meet at one point. It would be great to share what we have done and get more opinions on what it can be done to improve it. Please feel free to pm me if you like.
                Aldo

In some ways it's good to be self employed!

I grew up about 20 miles from Boston and lived in Cambridge and all over the MW for years until I migrated to my current location. If nothing else we could get a beer, or if you're a tea totaler some falafel in Central Sq.

Comment

I'm in the north east but a different country. Never mind

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
                    I'm in the north east but a different country. Never mind
                    But better beer

Z

Comment

Aberdeen has some good beers

Comment

Maybe interested - I live in the Berkshires. You must live in the pioneer valley? Beautiful area.

Comment

Working...
                        X