Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Voice Command Option

Hi Everyone,
    Did a search and found nothing, read the help file and found nothing.

There's a new box (or at least a new to me box) that has a spot to enter text in the Voice Command option for the Configuration Tab of each device.
    Can someone provide some clarity as to its usage? I use my Alexa and it would be great to give certain devices an exact name that I can control them with. Currently some of my devices require me to call them by the floor and room even though there are no other devices with a similar name. Other devices I control without issue.

For some reason in one of my kid's rooms I have to say, "Alexa turn the upstairs Max's Bedroom Lights off"

Is this new box available to let me specify what I want Alexa VR to go to when I give a command? That would be great.

Thanks for looking
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Yes this is exactly what it is for. Add the name you want then in the Alex's app forget the devices old name then run discovery again and you will get the device control with the new name. Give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

By the way, also works with Google Home.

Feature request: have a configuration option, on the setup tab, to display the "voice command" field on the Device Management page. This would be helpful in avoiding duplicates once imported in client devices.

Comment

What version of HS is this in?

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post
            What version of HS is this in?
            On .357 for sure, maybe before?

Comment

This seems to work for Alexa; she responds to the Voice Command Name. But HSTouch Voice Commands do NOT respond to Voice Command Name - HSTouch on Android says "device not found". It does respond to the Device Name in HS3. Why is this different between HSTouch and Alexa API/skill?

Comment

WOW. Is all I can say. This works really well for Alexa. No more "which one did you want", no more messing around with the Floor and Room names to get Alexa to name the device correctly.

I could never get "Boys Light" and "Boys Bathroom Light" to work correctly... Until NOW. Put "Boys Light" in voice command on the light in my boys room. Put "Boys Bathroom Light" on the light in my boys bathroom. I can finally say. .. "Alexa turn off boys light" and it DOESN'T ask me "which one did you want".

Unfortunately I have several hours of work to go through all my devices and name them in a sensible fashion instead of the stupid naming convention I had to come up with to accommodate Alexa.

Thank You VERY MUCH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X